• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Recommended Templates

jonktaylor

I purchased a template which looked good on the outside but turned out to contain a lot of inconsistent code on the inside. I spent a lot of time cleaning it up which sort of defeated the object of purchasing what I thought was a "ready to go" product in the first place. How can I be certain I'm buying a quality beforehand?

Can somebody recommend any reputable sites where I can buy good quality templates that are compatible with the latest version of OSC?

Can somebody recommend any reputable sites where I can buy good quality templates that are compatible with the latest version of OSC?

I too, am in the same position as you...stuck with a lousy template. My advise is to sh*t-can the template, learn css and do it yourself. You'll be MUCH better off in the long run (and it's not that hard).

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.

Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

GROUCHO (1895-1977)

Hi guys,

I know it looks dismal but there is hope. If you really want to use the inadequate template and still have the latest version of osCommerce, there is a way. You can install STS (Simple Template System) and then convert the inadequate template into a STS template.

A detailed step by step gudie on how to do the above.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1131089

The method above would allow you to use any web template to be used on the most recent version of osC.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I too, am in the same position as you...stuck with a lousy template. My advise is to sh*t-can the template, learn css and do it yourself. You'll be MUCH better off in the long run (and it's not that hard).

I think we are on the same page! I know css already but it would have been nice not to have to fix what is supposed to be a complete product.

Hi guys,

I know it looks dismal but there is hope. If you really want to use the inadequate template and still have the latest version of osCommerce, there is a way. You can install STS (Simple Template System) and then convert the inadequate template into a STS template.

A detailed step by step gudie on how to do the above.

<a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295660&st=2560&p=1131089entry1131089" target="_blank">http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1131089

</a>

The method above would allow you to use any web template to be used on the most recent version of osC.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I don't know if you've found a solution to your problem yet, but I've been working with a template from TemplateWorld.com. So far it's been okay. It's compatible with (i.e., IS) the latest osC release. I haven't had to monkey with the code.

I have heard that some templates are different from others and this was kind of an experiment, but so far so good.

I'm using a template as well. It just takes a little more patience because some codes are in different places than they would be on the vanilla store...therefore you really have to be careful when you install contributions. Most important thing I can tell you from my experience is to invest a few hours in installing the updates as some of these temps are a few years old.

Archived