• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Extra" item in basket

AlwaysNewbie

I noticed some pretty strange things hassppening recently, so I'll try to list them.

1. I added a lot of manufacturers using computer A.

Next day I opened computer B to continue to add manufacturers and noticed that list of manufacturers was like I didn't add any manufacturers using computer B. I opened products to see if combobox has list of manufacturers and it was same story there. Combobox also didn't have any manufacturers I added before.

I thought I lost some how all yesterday work, but noticed that if I open store like customer it SHOWS ALL manufacturers fine. I cannot understand what's going on. I checked mysql manufacturer tables and they are fine. I just can't imagine what's going on. I have no access to computer A until monday.

2. When I click button "Buy" on any product, somehow another product (and always the same) shows in the shopping card. When I remove wrong product from the cart, correct item appears in the shopping cart right away. Interesting, that if I click "Add to cart" everything goes fine, correct product appears in the cart.

I don't know for how long it starts happening. What I know, that I tried to make index on product_model as was suggested in Easy Populate (for large DB) and some how I got the errors. But when I check the structure I saw that I already have two! indexes on product_model. I deleted one of them. I'm not sure if it can be related to problems I have now, especially to manufacturers disappearing in admin panel problem.

3. One of categories (and only one) behaves like a ghost... sometimes I can see it in the list of categories, sometimes not.

I open MySQL and checked data in tables, but didn't find anything wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

Mike

Computers777dotcom

Have you tried turning off the cache?

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Have you tried turning off the cache?

it's off.

You know what, you can't beleive... I can't beleive.

I did another "check" now: export using easy populate.

When I tried to import, manufacturer combobox again didn't show me all manufacturers.

I created the file, then open admin panel an wow: all manufacturers are there. Can't understand whats happend.

I didn't check about "extra" item in basket thing yet...

P.S. "Extra" item still appears in a busket... looks like it is not related.

"Ghost" category still dissapear when I click on some categories, as structure of categories is corrupted or something.

Probably I should delete this category and then make it again.

Computers777dotcom

It works fine!

spooks,

I checked as you told me cache settings and it was off...

I deleted that "extra" item and sure enough it was still there!!!!!! Well, not sure enough, better say, some how it was there again. So, I decided that it's still related to cache, despite that settings.

I remember that I have laptop (computer I never used for store work) and opened store. On that laptop everything worked fine, so really, somehow it was in a cache. Damn! Interesting that "ghost" category does not behave like a ghost anymore, everything is fine.

Go figure!

Computers777dotcom

Archived