• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping by Category and Location

Wonderfish

Hey all,

I am asking this question after much research, installation and no small amount of tears.

My shipping variables are as follows:

Stock type

We sell animals and dry goods - this can be defined by combinations of the categories.

This can be local, or all other locations. Local will need to be defined by a range of PostCodes.

The logic is as follows:

If Stock Type includes animals and Location is Local, then Shipping Method is Courier.

If Stock Type includes animals and Location is Anywhere Else, then Shipping Method is Air Shipment.

If Stock Type does not include animals and Location is Local, then Shipping Method is Courier or Postage (customer's choice).

If Stock Type does not include animals and Location is Anywhere Else, then Shipping Method is Postage.

All Shipping Methods will be priced at Flat Rate.

I have tried many methods of achieving this and so far, no dice. Any suggestions of a suitable contribution or configuration will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Hey all,

I would really appreciate some help with this. I have done all of the research that I can and I am not coming up with an answer. I am hooking up a payment module and when that is done, shipping will be the only thing stopping me from deploying. Please help if you can.

Cheers,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all,

I would really appreciate some help with this. I have done all of the research that I can and I am not coming up with an answer. I am hooking up a payment module and when that is done, shipping will be the only thing stopping me from deploying. Please help if you can.

Cheers,

Tim

this is still the only thing stopping me from deploying. Suggestions anyone? Is there nothing that does this?

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation to you, and couldn't find a module to do this. I actually came here today to try to find a freelancer who I could pay to implement this (not sure if I'm allowed to advertise for a freelancer on here or not).

Maybe we should split the cost of getting someone to do it (although I think our exact requirements would both me slightly different)