• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCommerce for Existing Website, checkout only

bwh

We currently have a working ecommerce site and do not want to redesign it (for the most part). What we do want is a better checkout process and customer maintenance. We currently download invoices and charge credit cards offline and want to continue to do so. I have some php programming experience so some modification/debugging could be done if necessary. I do not think we need the product/category setup that osCommerce offers. So, is it possible to just use the checkout/customer maintenance/invoice download/email confirmation sections of osCommerce, assuming that we put the item information in the MySQL database as customers add items to their carts? Is osCommerce modular to the degree that only selected modules can be used? Thanks - Bruce

We currently have a working ecommerce site and do not want to redesign it (for the most part). What we do want is a better checkout process and customer maintenance. We currently download invoices and charge credit cards offline and want to continue to do so. I have some php programming experience so some modification/debugging could be done if necessary. I do not think we need the product/category setup that osCommerce offers. So, is it possible to just use the checkout/customer maintenance/invoice download/email confirmation sections of osCommerce, assuming that we put the item information in the MySQL database as customers add items to their carts? Is osCommerce modular to the degree that only selected modules can be used? Thanks - Bruce

the short answer is yes, it can be done.

the shopping cart class is separated enough that you could use it from your existing code and then have your existing code use the checkout code from oscommerce.

but what you're asking for is some very specific coding changes. i seriously doubt you'd be able to fine an existing contribution that will do what you need. so you're looking at either learning how oscommerce works and doing the work yourself, or hiring someone to do it for you. either way you go, you're in for a lot of learning when it comes to the inner workings of osc.

but picking and choosing so many different parts of osc sounds like a lot of work - not to mention a lot of testing.

...just my 2 cents. :)

Archived