• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Clear Down Data Base

This contribution clears down your database ready to add your own products either to test with or in preparation of going live.

The database you get with osc contains products, categories etc that are fine to test with but at some stage they need to be removed.

Also as you test you will have added a shed load of products, test orders and customers, these all need to be removed.

This contribution clears down the tables I believe need to be emptied.

If you have customer extra fields or product extra fields or other tables that need to be cleared feel free to edit /admin/clear_db.php.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 11 months later...

Version 1.3 Released.

Added an option to clear out all Credit Card information held in the ORDERS table.

This is an essential thing to do if you have ever stored CC info either intentionally or inadvertently by using the default cc payment module.

There is a world of grief waiting for you if the CC companies find out you have this data on your server, especially if you get hacked and it is traced to you.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

• 4 months later...

I am running 2.2Rc2A and installed your contribution. But I notice some tables were not cleared. Lile:

products_attributes

products_attributes_download

products_description

products_options

products_options_values

products_options_to_products

products_to_categories

reviews_description

But when looking at admin/clear_db.php, now I am not a programer, but looks like they is included in the code.

so did I do something wrong?

Thanks

Bennett

• 4 years later...

Version 1.3 Released.

Added an option to clear out all Credit Card information held in the ORDERS table.

This is an essential thing to do if you have ever stored CC info either intentionally or inadvertently by using the default cc payment module.

There is a world of grief waiting for you if the CC companies find out you have this data on your server, especially if you get hacked and it is traced to you.

Just updating this and see v1.3 was never uploaded. It appears that idea was never implemented.

Cheers

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

New version uploaded for 2.3.4.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9085

HTH

G

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.