• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Standard

Brian-Bear

I would like to have a simple text description just below the rollover /radio button in checkout_payment.php. I can edit the languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php to change the MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE and that is ok but MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION will not show anything. What am I missing here to make a description appear

OK sorted a fix that works a little better

in includes/modules/payment/paypal.php find around line 75

function confirmation() {
  return false;

and replace with this

return array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION);

Now your description should show up at the bottom of the checkout_confirmation.php page before tranfering to paypal

OK sorted a fix that works a little better

in includes/modules/payment/paypal.php find around line 75

return false;

and replace with this

return array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION);

Now your description should show up at the bottom of the checkout_confirmation.php page before tranfering to paypal

hey brian,

i'm trying to install paypal and on the paypal site it states that if you want to have your customer returned to your site you need to add some sort of verbage stating you need the customer to return to your site. is this what you are talking about? i'm trying to figure all this paypal out. i appreciate any help.

thanks m

If you sign up for web payments pro (costs £20/month with a virtual terminal) or possibly web payments standard, you can specify a return url which helps sort out this problem. Failing that you could include this in your message but people unfortunatly tend to click rather than read. One good option with paypal in my opinion is to install recover cart sales, that way if you get a paypal order and no idea what the customer has bought you can cross reference from recover cart sales and fulfill the order