• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

google base

hi guys i made a data feed for google base it says all my products are live and can be searched yet when i try looking for them it just says no search found any one have any idea?

also i created site maps for google,yahoo and only 1 or 2 pages are being indexed in google, i know it takes time to get indexed but is there any info on why its only indexing 1-2 pages of my site

Thanks

spud

In your google base account does it show your items as 'published and searchable' or 'published and searchable soon'???

If it shows as 'published and searchable soon' then your products will not appear on base just yet, depending on when you submitted your feed will depend on when they are searchable. I normally find it done within 24 hours or sooner.

There could be any number of reasons why the spiders are taking there time on your site. Get yourself a into some directories and you will find them indexing like crazy.

I launched a site 2 weeks ago and google has already indexed 554 pages.

Start listing in directories and get link exchanging and that should help you out.

Aran

hi alwaysontop gogole base is saying 'published and searchable'

But there not showing up.

Im trying to get some peeps to link to me but its not working :(

do u have any recomantions on what dir and where to find links exchnages?

Hi, man.... You are too worry. Normally you need around 3 months to see the rusults, just wait and do increase in-bound links.

I disagree, at the minute google is indexing pretty quickly.

Spudevo, if you have good content and your site is optimised correctly then you should be ok.

As for link exchanging just search google for shopping directories and start submitting.

Aran

I am a newbee and just put up a new test site to see what it looked like. Somehow The Google bot

find the thing and was there all day for 1033 page views. Is that a problem guys? It didn't seemed to slow down or anything.

Badbo

• 4 weeks later...

I have same problem:

Google Base shows my item as 'published and searchable', but I cannot find any of them using Google shopping search.

Google shows e-mail address down on a "My Items" page, but no response at all.

I don't know what's going on, I thought if it says 'published and searchable' then it is. :(

Anybody knows what's going on?

Computers777dotcom

I am a newbee and just put up a new test site to see what it looked like. Somehow The Google bot

find the thing and was there all day for 1033 page views. Is that a problem guys? It didn't seemed to slow down or anything.

Badbo

Jump for joy and shout hooray.... google on that many pages will pay off if you have done your work right. We ran a shop for years with over 15K products and were in the top 3 links for about 90% of those by google doing the same thing.

Can somebody explain what can be wrong...

I created file and uploaded to Google Base (~1550 items). I tried to include as many fields as possible.

Google Base shows my items as Published and Searchable. Still I cannot find them (not even one!) using Google shopping.

I tried to sort by price search result to make it easy to find my item, still no show. What can be a problem?

Thanks for any advice.

Computers777dotcom

Not sure if this is the problem for some of you but it was for me so worth a shot.

I am a UK seller and i was uploading my products with google base, all was Published and Searchable but none was showing up when i did a search, then for some reason i thought to search google base uk this took me to what looked the same but was set up for sterling and not dollars i loaded the products and within 12hrs all was Published and Searchable and i could fine them.

So google base is just for USA but if you are selling in a different currency you will need to go-to google base for that country.

Not sure if this is the problem for some of you but it was for me so worth a shot.

I am a UK seller and i was uploading my products with google base, all was Published and Searchable but none was showing up when i did a search, then for some reason i thought to search google base uk this took me to what looked the same but was set up for sterling and not dollars i loaded the products and within 12hrs all was Published and Searchable and i could fine them.

So google base is just for USA but if you are selling in a different currency you will need to go-to google base for that country.

My currency field is USD, I posted to Google Base. Still, despite it shows Published and Searchable I cannot find anything... :(

Computers777dotcom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
As for link exchanging just search google for shopping directories and start submitting.

Aran

i did that and found some sites but how do you submit anything?

im lost here?

Archived