• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shared SSL empty cart issue

Please can someone help me... I have tried searching and implementing everyone's idea's on this subject but I am still getting an empty cart on the secure server

factors:

http://www.thekitchenbay.com (mysql5) (add /index.php to see working, as front door is closed till problems are sorted using an index.htm )

https://secure.fut.net/thekitchenbay (mysql4)

now I have ironed out the mySQL compatibility problems I had, I uploaded all the files to 'both' servers, but when I add items to the cart on http and go to the secure checkout it tells me my cart is empty!

I tried implementing the work around I found whilst searching on this subject but to no avail.

I have edited all 4 config files god knows how many times but still no joy, hence my plea goes out to the community

can anyone please help here.

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried setting force cookie use to true, I don`t have SSL but I do have catalog stores with root content, without cookies user going to root content then back to catalog looses session, could this be your problem when switching server?

:)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Have you tried setting force cookie use to true, I don`t have SSL but I do have catalog stores with root content, without cookies user going to root content then back to catalog looses session, could this be your problem when switching server?

Many thanks for your reply, I have just tried that... when I wennt to add an item to the cart it tells me that my cookies are disabled in my browser ???

But thats just your browser setting, enable cookies in your browser & it should work, I have per site cookie settings, if I disable cookies for my sites I cant view them, its something I have to use though, as without the cookies the sites wont work.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

But thats just your browser setting, enable cookies in your browser & it should work, I have per site cookie settings, if I disable cookies for my sites I cant view them, its something I have to use though, as without the cookies the sites wont work.

erm, but my cookies are on (scratches head!!!)

erm, but my cookies are on (scratches head!!!)

They can`t be, when I visit your site there is no attempt to set a cookie, also I see a sid in the url, which you don`t get when cookies are on.

The setting is in admin/sessions, Force Cookie Use set to true.

:blink:

Sam

Contributions:

They can`t be, when I visit your site there is no attempt to set a cookie, also I see a sid in the url, which you don`t get when cookies are on.

The setting is in admin/sessions, Force Cookie Use set to true.

:blink:

I had done that but switched it back again when it didn't work :blush:

right, I have to pop out... my 2 year old wants to play ;)

I have changed it to cookies on and double checked my browser cookies setting but still doesn't work

please by all meens, sign up and see if you can buy anything (use cash/cheque) if you get that far.

speak soon

right, I have to pop out... my 2 year old wants to play ;)

I have changed it to cookies on and double checked my browser cookies setting but still doesn't work

please by all meens, sign up and see if you can buy anything (use cash/cheque) if you get that far.

speak soon

Get an error on login page of secure site, DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG is not defined.

Sam

Contributions:

Get an error on login page of secure site, DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG is not defined.

fixed that but it's still not working :huh:

fixed that but it's still not working :huh:

Sorry for the errors then, switching on cookie usage caused a few knock on effects :blink:

I have ironed out those niggly problems but as I said above, still not working... in fact if the cart contents are held in a cookie it won't work as the https server will not be allowed to access the http cookie due to domain name security issues.

I thought, the last line in the configure.php...

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

...setting to 'mysql' stored all in the database, well I have set the secure server to use the mySQL database on the http server, so you would expect it to work!

Archived