• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy acces to Admin

primetime

I am very new to osCommerce. Please accept my apologies if this has been discussed/asked before. When I type in www.mysite.com/admin, it takes me directly to the admin page. This is not good. :( How can I secure the admin page?

Thank you,

Brock

I am very new to osCommerce. Please accept my apologies if this has been discussed/asked before. When I type in www.mysite.com/admin, it takes me directly to the admin page. This is not good. :( How can I secure the admin page?

Thank you,

Brock

There's a contribution called Admin Levels. Go to the contributions page, download and install it, following the instructions given.

There's a diference between living & BEING ALIVE!

There's a contribution called Admin Levels. Go to the contributions page, download and install it, following the instructions given.

Ok great. Thank you for the info. I will try it out.

You can also (if on a Linux server) place .htaccess and .htpasswd files to protect the directory.

Some server control panels also give you the option to password protect your admin directory. Have a look, and if not try the contribution Z3RatuL suggests.

ok.. I downloaded the admin tool. I do not understand/know how to add tables per the instructions... 2. Database.

You must to create three tables into your DB, using the 'admin_tabel.sql' file.

Can someone please explain?

Thank you,

Brock

Thank you,

Brock

I fyou are using Cpanel you can go into password protect directories and just add a password to the admin directory hope this helps

Archived