• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Error - USPS

uncona

I am using the default module built into osCommerce for USPS, which i entered my username and password into the module and i thought everything was done. I went through the site to test whether my weight and the USPS module were working correctly, to find this notice "United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner. " . Has anyone else run across this problem when testing the default module for USPS?

Any suggestions or ideas of what could be wrong... Thanks

The default module won't work. You need to upgrade it with USPS Methods. Once that is done, you have to have a USPS account and be on the production server for the module to work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The default module won't work. You need to upgrade it with USPS Methods. Once that is done, you have to have a USPS account and be on the production server for the module to work.

Jack

Thanks for the update. I have made the update and now when in the control panel i can add USPS, but when i go to edit the content the "edit box area" disappears and there is no way for me to update the content. Any ideas of why this is happening and what i can do to fix this.

Thanks,

Has anyone else come across the problem with the edit content box not show up when you click "edit"? I am only having this issue with USPS module and i have uninstalled and reinstalled different USPS modules and keep coming up with the same issue. I can click on install and then get the option of remove or edit, which when i click the edit button the content area goes away and shipping module options expand to fill out the rest of the window. I have to hit the back button in order to get the "remove" and "edit" content area to come back, but that doesn't fix the issue... cause if i hit "edit" again the content area disappears and i am back to the same issue.

Does anyone know how i can fix this issue, since the person I am building this for wants to use USPS and only USPS??? I am trying to get this up and running for Monday so any ideas or suggestions would help out greatly.

Thanks

Did you figure this out? I'm having the same problem...

Has anyone else come across the problem with the edit content box not show up when you click "edit"? I am only having this issue with USPS module and i have uninstalled and reinstalled different USPS modules and keep coming up with the same issue. I can click on install and then get the option of remove or edit, which when i click the edit button the content area goes away and shipping module options expand to fill out the rest of the window. I have to hit the back button in order to get the "remove" and "edit" content area to come back, but that doesn't fix the issue... cause if i hit "edit" again the content area disappears and i am back to the same issue.

Does anyone know how i can fix this issue, since the person I am building this for wants to use USPS and only USPS??? I am trying to get this up and running for Monday so any ideas or suggestions would help out greatly.

Thanks

The problem happens for me when I install this bit of code from the USPS Methods contribution

// USPS Methods 3.0
// Alias function for Store configuration values in the Administration Tool
 function tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
   for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($select_array); $i++) {
     $name = (($key) ? 'configuration[' . $key . '][]' : 'configuration_value');
     $string .= '<br><input type="checkbox" name="' . $name . '" value="' . $select_array[$i] . '"';
     $key_values = explode( ", ", $key_value);
     if ( in_array($select_array[$i], $key_values) ) $string .= ' CHECKED';
     $string .= '> ' . $select_array[$i];
   }
   $string .= '<input type="hidden" name="' . $name . '" value="--none--">';
   return $string;
 }

Anyone know why this would cause the edit options on modules to disappear? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived