• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation gives me error

Marchatto

Hello! I am trying to install osCommerce for the very first time.

I just created a new database and user with all accesses on that database. I set the permissions of config.php to 777.

I changed the name of the "catalog" folder to "store", so when I installed I changed "catalog" into "store" for both the URL of the store and the path for the file. I started the install procedure and everything seemed fine until I reached Step 4.

My browser displays the osCommerce logo, then a list of 9 Warnings like this one:

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /(myaddress)/database.php on line 35

Then there's a "New Installation" light blue rectangle, then it says "Step 4: Finished!", but 6 or 7 more warnings on the right:

Warning: fopen(/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /(address)/install_4.php on line 116

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in (address)/install_4.php on line 117

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in (address)/install_4.php on line 118

Warning: fopen(/admin/includes/configure.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /(address)/install_4.php on line 152

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in (address)/install_4.php on line 153

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in (address)/install_4.php on line 154

The installation and configuration was successful!

What can I do? Thanks!

I`ve not tried moving store like that myself, I would use a different approach:

Install as normal with catalog directory, then when complete, rename catalog directory, and change paths in:

/includes/configure.php

/admin/includes/configure.php

might have missed something though, as havent done it, as I said.

:)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived