• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Default Country for Create Account

brickone

Can anyone tell me how to set a default country in the create_account page.

For example, I want United States to be the default as most of my customers are creating accounts from the states.

Please advise.

Cheers

- Adam

Find this:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

and change it to

<td class="main"><?php echo (($entry['entry_country_id'] == '') ? tep_get_country_list('country', 223) : tep_get_country_list('country', $entry['entry_country_id'])) . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>

please double check if 223 is the code for US.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

I really love this great contribution but the only problem is that I would like to be able to edit my manufacturer and caregories as well.

Since I am no longer using STS system I have no control of each individual manufacturer and category pages.

I am currently using header tags for novice which limits me to header tags for products ONLY.

I was going to use another contribution to accomplish this but I already have this one installed and would like to keep using it since it works so great.

My site has over 20,000 products,so it automatically generates header tags from the products description but I want to manually edit categories and manufacturers.

There is no problem with this contribution at all, just wondering if there will be an update in the near future or maybe someone can help me get this done.

Help Please,

Sam

I think this is the best, and simplest solution:

In catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

Around 316 Find:

////

// Creates a pull-down list of countries

function tep_get_country_list($name, $selected = '', $parameters = '') {

Add after:

if ( strlen($selected)==0 ) $selected = STORE_COUNTRY;

B)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I really love this great contribution but the only problem is that I would like to be able to edit my manufacturer and caregories as well...

This will be in the next release, and has been used one way the other in some of my clients shops.

You better post to the contribution's support thread - I just happen to see your comments here.

Ken

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

This will be in the next release, and has been used one way the other in some of my clients shops.

You better post to the contribution's support thread - I just happen to see your comments here.

Ken

Thanks Ken,

I must have gotten lost or something!!!

Thanks for the heads up...

Sam

Ken,

thanks for the reply that was simple and worked great.

I've another question maybe you can tackle.

On the checkout_payment page I have two options, 1 (authorize.net) and 2 (cash, check, money order).

I'd like authorize.net to be pre-selected.

Any ideas?

Thanks

- Adam

Archived