• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FCK WYSIWYG HTML editor

spooks

What sort of server/hosting do u have? Is it a windows server by any chance (not the best choice)!!

in admin->tools, select server info, look down the list to Environment what does it show for SCRIPT_FILENAME ?

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

What sort of server/hosting do u have? Is it a windows server by any chance (not the best choice)!!

in admin->tools, select server info, look down the list to Environment what does it show for SCRIPT_FILENAME ?

I don't have server info. I have:

Tools

Database Backup

Banner Manager

Cache Control

Send Email

Newsletter Manager

Who's Online

And I'm thinking I used to have something like that. So I don't know if it disappeared somehow. I looked in my tools.php is shows this:

if ($selected_box == 'tools') {
   $contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BACKUP) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_BACKUP . '</a><br>' .
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BANNER_MANAGER) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_BANNER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CACHE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_CACHE . '</a><br>' .
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAIL) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_MAIL . '</a><br>' .
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_NEWSLETTERS) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_NEWSLETTER_MANAGER . '</a><br>' .
                                  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WHOS_ONLINE) . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_TOOLS_WHOS_ONLINE . '</a>');
 }

Is there supposed to be a line for server info?

Server Info

Its been there since at least MS2, hopefully u have nothing ealier, you said u have a number of sites on the server, try on one of the others.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Server Info

Its been there since at least MS2, hopefully u have nothing ealier, you said u have a number of sites on the server, try on one of the others.

Somehow that file must have been deleted. I did a backup and a restore and found this:

SCRIPT_FILENAME /hsphere/local/home/myname/mysite.com/admin/server_info.php

Same string as I had posted before.

(In order to fix this little error, do I need more than the tools.php and server_info.php files? Plus I see I need to add a define to the filenames.php)

Anyway, back to the original topic, I am using Commerce 2.2-MS2, PHP Version 4.4.9.

It looks like I'm getting that same string everywhere I look. "/hsphere/local/home/myname/mysite.com" so should it be:

$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = '/hsphere/local/home/myname/mysite.com/catalog/userfiles/' ;

My host is Host Excellence. My system says Linux, Server API is CGI/FastCGI. Any other information you need?

Jenica,,, what browser are you using? FireFox 3.6?

I tried everything to fix my issue, When I went in using IE 6.0 Everything started working fine..

Give it a trie and let me know.

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"

- Albert Einstein

i have this contributioncontribution installed. But now I notice when viewing source code my decription of the product shows all of the tags <p>,  , <hr>, and etc as shown below:

<p><p>12999 - Rest and relax in true island style! Colorful net hammock cradles you in comfort, bathing you in breezes as you gently rock and sway.  Simply tie each end to a sturdy support and dream the day away.  Max. Wt.: 220 lbs.  Weight 2 lbs.  100% Nylon; wood frame with metal loop for hanging.</p>
<p><strong>Dimensions</strong>:</p>
<hr />
<p>31 1/2" x 106 1/4" long.</p></p>

I did see post # 382 but nothing there on how to correct this. I do mnot want tags showing in the description when viewing the source code. Or is this common?

Thank you.

Bennett

Edited by blr044

The whole purpose of the source mode is so you can see the tags & manually edit the html, what did you think it was for?

Sam

Contributions:

forum bug, again!!!

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

I just ran the auto-installer for the FCKeditor. It said everything installed successfully but nothing on my store/back-office is different?? I am just trying to send a newsletter out in html and everywhere I could find said to download the fck editor. I even tried the ckeditor first and couldn't see a change on my store... what am I doing wrong? I don't even know what files to post to have your help!!! Please help!!?

Thanks!

Bradi

I just ran the auto-installer for the FCKeditor. It said everything installed successfully but nothing on my store/back-office is different?? I am just trying to send a newsletter out in html and everywhere I could find said to download the fck editor. I even tried the ckeditor first and couldn't see a change on my store... what am I doing wrong? I don't even know what files to post to have your help!!! Please help!!?

Thanks!

Bradi

The auto-installer does not always work, I can only suggest you contact its author if u wish to persist with it.

Try using the manual method detailed, there's not a lot to do.

Sam

Contributions:

Thanks!

Bradi

I spoke too soon. The newsletter module does have the fckeditor installed. :)

Jenica,,, what browser are you using? FireFox 3.6?

I tried everything to fix my issue, When I went in using IE 6.0 Everything started working fine..

Give it a trie and let me know.

I uninstalled it for now, but yes I'm using Firefox. My IE has some bug. When I get time, I'll re-install the add-on and fix my IE and try it there. Thanks for letting me know!

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that I'm also having problems with Firefox now

I downloaded the new FCKeditor ver. - Now FCK only loads and works using IExplorer

Anyone have a fix for this?

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

It appears that I'm also having problems with Firefox now

I downloaded the new FCKeditor ver. - Now FCK only loads and works using IExplorer

Anyone have a fix for this?

Strange, it's working again - must be server cache or Firefox cache issue

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

• 1 month later...

Hi

I'm trying install FCK page editor and included in it are instructions to install FCK Editor first. According to the instructions I have to upload catalog/userfiles. Only problem is I can't find catalog/userfiles/. They don't appear to be in the installation pack I downloaded. Can anyone point me in the right place? Thanks

INSTALLATION

-----------

1. upload the files+directories in your root:

catalog/admin/fckeditor/

and

catalog/userfiles/

Hi

I'm trying install FCK page editor and included in it are instructions to install FCK Editor first. According to the instructions I have to upload catalog/userfiles. Only problem is I can't find catalog/userfiles/. They don't appear to be in the installation pack I downloaded. Can anyone point me in the right place? Thanks

I went ahead and created the directories that I couldn't find:

catalog/userfiles/

catalog/userfiles/file

catalog/userfiles/media

catalog/userfiles/image

catalog/userfiles/flash

And I set the permissions to 777. The fck editor looks like it's up and running but I'm seeing an error message when I try to upload an image. Since the error message refers to permission re: userfiles/imageS. I changed the permissions to 755 but no difference.

Error creating folder "/home/username/public_html/catalog/userfiles/../images/" (mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Permission denied)

The message refers to userfiles/../images/. Should my directory be called catalog/userfiles/image or catalog/userfiles/images (with an "s" at the end)? Thanks

Edited by dgriff

I went ahead and created the directories that I couldn't find:

catalog/userfiles/

catalog/userfiles/file

catalog/userfiles/media

catalog/userfiles/image

catalog/userfiles/flash

And I set the permissions to 777. The fck editor looks like it's up and running but I'm seeing an error message when I try to upload an image. Since the error message refers to permission re: userfiles/imageS. I changed the permissions to 755 but no difference.

The message refers to userfiles/../images/. Should my directory be called catalog/userfiles/image or catalog/userfiles/images (with an "s" at the end)? Thanks

Hi everyone

I'm still really stumped on this :'( I installed FCK Editor but whenever I click on the image button in products description (when adding a new product), I get this error message:

Error creating folder "/home/username/public_html/catalog/userfiles/../images/" (mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Permission denied)

Does anyone have any idea? I've tried changing the permissions. I've tried changing the usernames/image folder name to usernames/images (since that's what the error message refers to, but still no joy.

Thank you.

To insert an image, I tick the Browse server, but nothing happens. I have double checked the config file. Because of a

Note: When I type the full url address and tick ok, image loads. So it's only when I tick browse button.

Thanks.

Bennett

Yes, I did have it working, but problems with Ultra images, I ended up removing it and put it on the back burner for now. So went back into config.php to correct the path. So this what i have there now:

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Image']	= array('bmp','gif','jpeg','jpg','png') ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Image']	= array() ;
$Config['FileTypesPath']['Image']		= $Config['UserFilesPath'] . '/images/' ;
$Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['Image']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'/images/' ;
$Config['QuickUploadPath']['Image']		= $Config['FileTypesPath']['Image'] ;
$Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['Image']= $Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['Image'] ;

So now when trying to add images. nothing happens. The image properties window opens. In the preview window there is some text. Clicking the [ OK button ] I receive error message - " Please type the image url ". But then tick the browse server, it does not display any images. My images folder is in the root dir. Have gone over the config.php to make sure it is typed correctly. Images along with userfiles, the permissions is set at 777. So am now stumped.

Thanks.

Still having issues inserting images. The image properties window does open, but that's as far as it will go. I've looked and looked at he config file, but do not see anything wrong.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I installed FCK Editor and had it working then installed SEO Header Tags and now the FCK Editor only shows up on the Product Title Tag: and not Prohducts Description:

Here is the code where I think is the problem:

////

// Output a form textarea field

function tep_draw_textarea_field($name, $wrap, $width, $height, $text = '', $parameters = '', $reinsert_value = true) {

global $HTTP_GET_VARS, $HTTP_POST_VARS;

$field = '<textarea name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '" wrap="' . tep_output_string($wrap) . '" cols="' . tep_output_string($width) . '" rows="' . tep_output_string($height) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if ( ($reinsert_value == true) && ( (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name])) || (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name])) ) ) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name])) {

$field .= tep_output_string_protected(stripslashes($HTTP_GET_VARS[$name]));

} elseif (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name]) && is_string($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name])) {

$field .= tep_output_string_protected(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS[$name]));

}

} elseif (tep_not_null($text)) {

$field .= tep_output_string_protected($text);

}

$field .= '</textarea>';

return $field;

}

////

// Output a form textarea field w/ fckeditor

function tep_draw_fckeditor($name, $width, $height, $text) {

$oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor($name);

$oFCKeditor -> Width = $width;

$oFCKeditor -> Height = $height;

$oFCKeditor -> BasePath = 'fckeditor/';

$oFCKeditor -> Value = $text;

$field = $oFCKeditor->Create($name);

return $field;

}

Thank you for any help.

• 3 weeks later...

How can I remove the other language text boxes?

For example, when I am adding a new product, on the page where I enter the item price, description, pics, etc... there are three text boxes that come up (one for each language). How would I get rid of the two that I am not using?

My site is only displaying in English and I have already removed the options for other languages to be chosen (on the customer/catalog side of the site)

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed latest FCK editor and everything worked fine. Then I changed the name of admin file and added security to the .htaccess file.

Now I find this error even after changing admin file name to original:

Fatal error: Class 'FCKeditor' not found in .../catalog/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 345

Please, give me an idea why thi could happen

• 2 weeks later...