• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FCK WYSIWYG HTML editor

spooks

there is no problem with adding javascript, check your configurre files, read through the install fully.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I dont think I set the correct paths for my add-0n to work. This part normally messes me up when I have to figure this out. in my control panel server information it shows this as my document root " /home/users/web/b297/moo.kysmiley" so my oscommerce would be in /home/users/web/b297/moo.kysmiley/oscommerce so with this known how do I put the paths into the php/config.php file I am thinking this is my trouble as to why I am getting the error messages.

Ok I placed some text into a test page and that worked yet I still cannot place an image into the page I dont get a message about permissions now, however I do get this message. " /home/users/web/b297/moo.kysmiley/oscommerce/userfiles/../images/" Exactly what folders get their permissions changed I dont want to set something to 777 that I dont have to.

Pat

It does not say in the install yet there is lots in the config.php that indicates there should be a folder called userfiles in the catalog. Do I create one three and if so what permissions are set to it

hi sam,

please can you point me where i should be looking, if i goto "send email to customers" editor works fine images, single line spacing etc, but in newsletter, image uploads, shows in edit newsletter, but is not recieved at the recipient also we have double line spacing, i've looked as far as my ability goes, I'm not asking for you to sort just an idea where i need to look.

many thanks.

Neil

I answered this in this thread not long ago, please look!!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

I said to u ealier in your initial thread:

have u tried creating a userfiles dir in your catalog dir & set permissions to 777

if u dont bother reading your replies its pointless replying! :angry:

Sam

Contributions:

Sorry Sam I missed that one for some reason. I even went back to see if it was there and yep clear as day. I need to pay closer attention.

Pat

Ok Sam I made a new dir called userfiles in my main catalog dir. Its not in admin or fckeditor. I set the permissions on it to 777. my images dir in fckeditor and in the main catalog are both set to 777 permissions. I have read and read and read the install instructions I even went thru and redid it all but still the same problem. I am not sure if I have the same install instructions you are talking about I have 2.7 and my fckeditor is ver. 2.6.4 that is the latest other than the beta 3.0. I am getting this message when trying to place an image in the description part. " Error creating folder " /home/users/web/b297/moo.kysmiley/oscommerce/userfiles/../images/" (Can't create directory) I could create that dir myself if I new where the two ../ tells me it is not in the main dir. but two levels in, correct? If you are getting tired of my questions just let me know I will move on no big deal, but I have gone back and read everything you told me to do and read the install instructions over and over

Pat

" /home/users/web/b297/moo.kysmiley/oscommerce/userfiles/../images/"

assuming the path is exactly as u put above, its starts with a space!! that will create that error.

the ../ just means up one dir, so it uses your default osC images folder not one in userfiles (all other media goes there though)

if it still don`t work post your config file here.

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

Thank-you Sam the path was a problem there was actually two spaces in it. I removed them and viola there it went. Now to play and see what I can do or break LOL

Pat

Your welcome B)

Sam

Contributions:

NEWSLETTER FIX

thats not what I was refering to, for the sake of repeating myself, again!!

Newsletter has other issues due to the way osC deals with the content.

This may help http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4429

Edited by spooks

Sam

Contributions:

OK its installed and working. I am able to do product descriptions, but how do I access lets say the index page or the header and footer so I can add things or change things there? Are there any instructions. I found some but none of them tell you how to bring up an existing page or make a new one. I like this because i know enough about CSS and html to help me with the help of this add-on

Pat

as is stated in the install, this can replace any text area field, it does not edit whole pages, that would be another contrib (I have written one but I have not released it)

Sam

Contributions:

Thanks Sam I will be watching for that contrib. if you release it someday. I think it would be a great addition to this program. It would help so many out.

Pat

I've been trying without success to combine http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3249/ with this contrib. I need to be able to send emails to unregistered customers. The easy way to that for me would be to to have a field to paste in the desired email address.

I think that when I try to edit this code:

require('includes/application_top.php');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if ( ($action == 'send_email_to_user') && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['back_x']) ) {
switch ($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) {
  case '***':
	$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS);
	$mail_sent_to = TEXT_ALL_CUSTOMERS;
	break;
  case '**D':
	$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");
	$mail_sent_to = TEXT_NEWSLETTER_CUSTOMERS;
	break;
  default:
	$customers_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']);

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($customers_email_address) . "'");
	$mail_sent_to = $HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address'];
	break;
}
	$from_name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['from_name']);
$from = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['from']);
$subject = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject']);
$messageraw = tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']));
$message = tep_add_base_ref($messageraw);

while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {
	  tep_mail($mail['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $mail['customers_lastname'], $mail['customers_email_address'], $subject, $message, $from_name, $from, true);
}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAIL, 'mail_sent_to=' . urlencode($mail_sent_to)));
 }

if ( ($action == 'preview') && !tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) ) {	// NO ADDRESS
$messageStack->add(ERROR_NO_CUSTOMER_SELECTED, 'error');
	tep_draw_hidden_field('back_x', '');

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['mail_sent_to'])) {
$messageStack->add(sprintf(NOTICE_EMAIL_SENT_TO, $HTTP_GET_VARS['mail_sent_to']), 'success');
 }
?>

to this...

require('includes/application_top.php');

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if ( ($action == 'send_email_to_user') && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address'] || $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) && !isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['back_x']) ) {

switch ($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) {

case '***':

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS);

$mail_sent_to = TEXT_ALL_CUSTOMERS;

break;

case '**D':

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_newsletter = '1'");

$mail_sent_to = TEXT_NEWSLETTER_CUSTOMERS;

break;

default:

$customers_email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']);

$mail_query = tep_db_query("select customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($customers_email_address) . "'");

$mail_sent_to = $HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address'];

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) {

$mail_sent_to = $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to'];

}

break;

}

$from_name = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['from_name']);

$from = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['from']);

$subject = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['subject']);

$messageraw = tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']));

$message = tep_add_base_ref($messageraw);

while ($mail = tep_db_fetch_array($mail_query)) {

tep_mail($mail['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $mail['customers_lastname'], $mail['customers_email_address'], $subject, $message, $from_name, $from, true);

}

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) {

tep_mail($HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to'], '', $from_name, $from, $subject);

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_MAIL, 'mail_sent_to=' . urlencode($mail_sent_to)));

}

if ( ($action == 'preview') && !tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['customers_email_address']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS['email_to']) ) { // NO ADDRESS

$messageStack->add(ERROR_NO_CUSTOMER_SELECTED, 'error');

tep_draw_hidden_field('back_x', '');

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['mail_sent_to'])) {

$messageStack->add(sprintf(NOTICE_EMAIL_SENT_TO, $HTTP_GET_VARS['mail_sent_to']), 'success');

}

?>

There is something I`m not doing right... and my gut tells me it`s in that part. If anyone can enlighthen me, I would truly appreciate it.

TIA

Edited by mariemeh

Still trying to find a solution for my problem above. I've tried other variations... I seem to be just messing it up more. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd truly appreciate it.

TIA

have u tried Send Admin HTML e-mails http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5806

Sam

Contributions:

have u tried Send Admin HTML e-mails http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5806

Yes that's what I did... my apologies for forgetting to mention that part... I first installed the Send Admin HTML emails... following your recommendations... installed FCK... and have since been trying to add the "single email" option. And now reading all of this again, I realize that I should have posted my question to the Send Admin HTML emails support thread if there is one right?

HI Spooks,

I looked fur a support thread for the Send Admin HTML emails and didn't find one. Am I hopeless? :lol:

BTW, while following one of your reply on this thread, I found how to fix my Newsletter... thanks for that. I've been trying to add the from_name and from to have the newsletter say it comes from the name of the store instead of the email address like you did on the Send Admin HTML email... but I'm not doing it right there either. Any chance you already tried that yourself?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Spooks,

Is it possible to get a run down on what is needed to be changed to enable newletter editing with FCK. I have read all the posts where you say just use the instructions for HTML mail editor etc etc. When I go to do this i find 2 sets of commands that line up enough for me to be comfortable changing them in newsletter. I would really like to get a set of instructions and after reading every post in here more then once Im sure there are alot of people in the same boat as me. PLEASE spooks can you just supply use with a set of instructions that dont have to be modified or adapted that just tell us what to do to enable newletter to be edited by FCK and that send correctly without all the dots and dashes.

THC

Total Health Clinic

Restoring your Health-Naturally

Hi Spooks,

Is it possible to get a run down on what is needed to be changed to enable newletter editing with FCK. I have read all the posts where you say just use the instructions for HTML mail editor etc etc. When I go to do this i find 2 sets of commands that line up enough for me to be comfortable changing them in newsletter. I would really like to get a set of instructions and after reading every post in here more then once Im sure there are alot of people in the same boat as me. PLEASE spooks can you just supply use with a set of instructions that dont have to be modified or adapted that just tell us what to do to enable newletter to be edited by FCK and that send correctly without all the dots and dashes.

THC

Total Health Clinic

Restoring your Health-Naturally