• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security header is not valid

bradybarrows

I am getting this message when trying to make the paypal module work:

Security header is not valid

I have tried to find a FAQ on this problem but can't seem to find anything. Where are such items located so I can read what to do?

First which paypal module are you trying to get to work and what country are you in?

Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout are only available in the USA and the UK last time I checked.

First which paypal module are you trying to get to work and what country are you in?

Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout are only available in the USA and the UK last time I checked.

I installed Paypal Express Checkout and Payments Pro for the US.

lola, thanks. That helped some. I now have the Security Heading warning message removed. However, in sand box mode I am able to purchase items and then when getting to the:

Continue Checkout Procedure

to select the preferred payment method

The cart is stuck. I press continue and nothing happens. I must have some settings not right. Any ideas? I can give you the url of the cart if necessary.

lola, thanks. That helped some. I now have the Security Heading warning message removed. However, in sand box mode I am able to purchase items and then when getting to the:

I am having the same problem and I am sure others have and will have. Could you post how you were able to resolve this issue thanks.

Site is underconstruction I am always looking for good advice on how to improve my site fill free to comment.

Thanks! ATise

Just follow the thread from to to bottom..........

I am not sure I follow you? How was she able to fix the header problem

Site is underconstruction I am always looking for good advice on how to improve my site fill free to comment.

Thanks! ATise

• 1 year later...

I don't understand why people always answer questions by putting up a link when the answer can be so easy to just give. Links jump around, get deleted etc.... We need this information HERE ON THE PAGE when we need it.

The simple answer to this question is:

Note: If you use Website Payments Pro, you must implement both Direct Payment and Express Checkout.

That's all anyone had to say, right?

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why people always answer questions by putting up a link when the answer can be so easy to just give. Links jump around, get deleted etc.... We need this information HERE ON THE PAGE when we need it.

The simple answer to this question is:

Note: If you use Website Payments Pro, you must implement both Direct Payment and Express Checkout.

That's all anyone had to say, right?

Thank goodness for someone with some sense!!

• 1 year later...

Ok.. I know this must be an on going issue. I have read so many therads in here to try to fix the Security Harder not Valid issue I use paypal Express checkout. I have tripled check my settings as far as

Seller account

API unser name

API password

API signature

Transaction Server

Live

Transaction Method

Sale

PayPal Account Optional

True

PayPal Instant Update

True

PayPal Checkout Image

Static

Debug E-Mail Address

Payment Zone

Texas

Set Order Status

PayPal Transactions Order Status Level

Sort order of display.

cURL Program Location

/usr/bin/curl

I still can't get the header error to go away.. what in the H#LL is going on hehe .. would someone help me out ..

thanks

• 2 months later...

hi...i've been able to resolve that issue putting "live" on the transaction server, instead of "sandbox".

but now, in the checkout payment page, when i choose paypal, instead of going to the checkout confirmation to open the paypal page there, it opens the paypal page in the checkout payment when i click "continue"...

does anyone knows why??

i'm out of ideas...could it be some error in the code?

Archived