• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fresh install - several problems - not sure where to start...

delarge

I have a dedicated server from zip servers, using apache and plesk, inside the control panel for each domain that i have created there is an install aplication option, one of which gives me the ability to install osCommerce, this I have done... It all appears to have installed correctly, the admin panel allows me in and I can change the options, however none of the images work, not even the ones for the example categories and items, I have checked the path it appears to be using "osCommerce/images" and checked the images it is attempting to display are there and they are... ok so I'm confused, I assume there is a setting somewhere for absolute paths (I hate paths) or some such thing but I don't appear to have that sort of control in the admin panel I have access to i.e. osCommerce/admin/ is this a fault with the install from within apache or am I a dolt?

Delarge

I have a dedicated server from zip servers, using apache and plesk, inside the control panel for each domain that i have created there is an install aplication option, one of which gives me the ability to install osCommerce, this I have done... It all appears to have installed correctly, the admin panel allows me in and I can change the options, however none of the images work, not even the ones for the example categories and items, I have checked the path it appears to be using "osCommerce/images" and checked the images it is attempting to display are there and they are... ok so I'm confused, I assume there is a setting somewhere for absolute paths (I hate paths) or some such thing but I don't appear to have that sort of control in the admin panel I have access to i.e. osCommerce/admin/ is this a fault with the install from within apache or am I a dolt?

Delarge

Perhaps if I simplify - can anyone tell me if there is a config file for osCommerce which sets the paths to the install? It doesn't appear to use relative paths...

Archived