• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

product listings not showing up

keithclark

Ok, I've got my oscommerce installation up and running. I've populated the following tables but I still do not see my products online...

products

products_description

products_to_catagories

catagories

catagories_description

I created them in Calc, then saved as a .csv and imported them successfully.

Not sure what to try next.

Never mind, I give up. My items just don't appear no matter what I try.

I'll find another solution.

Thanks for listening,

Keith

Well, I gave it all I can. I've gone through the manual from start to finish and I even got my Host company involved and we cannot figure this oscommerce out! It just won't display products properly. It classifies everything as products expected and that is about as far as it gets. Nothing gets listed according to the table products_to_catagories.

It looks like a wonderful product but I'm afraid still a little to difficult to use for the average user.

Thanks and I wish you luck in the future,

Keith

Keith you really need to post a little more because its a bit vague and pretty impossible to diagnose something like this off the belt.

Have you checked to make sure your producs are linked to categories in the database???

Do you have a link to show us, or alternatively drop me a pm if you would like me to take a look at your dbase and backend.

Aran

Keith you really need to post a little more because its a bit vague and pretty impossible to diagnose something like this off the belt.

Have you checked to make sure your producs are linked to categories in the database???

Do you have a link to show us, or alternatively drop me a pm if you would like me to take a look at your dbase and backend.

Aran

I understand. I am just having a difficult time in even grasping this whole thing myself. I have no idea how to explain it in anymore detail to anyone else.

Keith

I understand. I am just having a difficult time in even grasping this whole thing myself. I have no idea how to explain it in anymore detail to anyone else.

Keith

I think my biggest problem is that I have no way to get data from Open Office Base into mySQL on my host server. I end up having to use a spreadsheet, then save as a .csv, then upload a table at a time using a phpadmin web interface. It takes forever and is very difficult to troubleshoot.

Keith

Easiest way then would be to add the easypopulate contribution and just work in one spreadsheet, upload job done!

I have no idea what a "contribution" is or how to install/use it.

Maybe I should take a step back here and ask the following:

I own a used bookstore with over 21,000 different items. I need a database and online sales venue that will use one inventory to pull from. I will be selling at my bricks and mortar store at the same time that I'm selling books online. I cannot physically keep two different inventories. My host does not allow for remote mysql access.

Is osCommerce the right solution for my application? Is there a more appropriate solution out there?

Keith

Archived