osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Good contribution although I am having trouble making it work in STS template. The menu works fine when STS is turned off.

Here is the image which shows what happens when the STS template system is on:

item.jpg?rot=1

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?, as you can seein the photo that the flyout subcategory menu goes behind the middle section.

Thank you for your help in adavance

i had a simular problem, with a different addon (Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings)

with the sub menu going behind the images, and all i done was in the following section in the css for the menu

/*Sub level menu items */

i added

z-index: 100;

as i do not use STS template's, i cant say if this would work for you.

if it does not work try a higher number

Edited by puddlec

Phoenix support now at https://phoenixcart.org/forum/
App created for phoenix
TinyMCE editor for admin

• 3 months later...

Just remembered this contribution and also just noticed that I didn't have it set to tell me of any posts so I never saw them.

Sorry all.

• 5 months later...

Hey!

Ive used your contributions before and they are great...

I was wondering if it was possible to install this just for the RSS and Sitemap aspects as I dont really need the menus?

Thanx!

Kurt

Hi Kurt it has been a long time since I looked at this contribution, it really needs to be rewritten I think.

Re: your question, I don't see any reason why not, although it is not the intended use so I can't make any promises.

Hi Kurt it has been a long time since I looked at this contribution, it really needs to be rewritten I think.

Re: your question, I don't see any reason why not, although it is not the intended use so I can't make any promises.

So i installed and eveything looks good...

Couple of questions:

Im hoping the sitemap and rss functions still work with the menu system turned off?

My rss page lists my oldest products first and wanted to flip them the other way (newest products first) Where would I change the code to fix this?

Should I reset the cache whenever i add products to update the rss and sitemap?

Many thanx for your help!!

Kurt

So i installed and eveything looks good...

Couple of questions:

Im hoping the sitemap and rss functions still work with the menu system turned off?

My rss page lists my oldest products first and wanted to flip them the other way (newest products first) Where would I change the code to fix this?

Should I reset the cache whenever i add products to update the rss and sitemap?

Many thanx for your help!!

Kurt

As I mentioned, I haven't looked at this for ages. You are not using it as intended so you'll just have to try it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I successfully installed this brilliant add-on.

But I have one problem - my site uses STS and all the categories and subcategories are shown in black color as it the css is not working

Please help if you know why does it happen

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I want to install this, but I also want to install your Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu. Are they compatible? Which should I install first? Which sitemap routine should I use? I'll be upgrading from Chemo ser 2 SEO URL.

Thanks for all you do! I love your add-ins!

I want to install this, but I also want to install your Multilayer SEO Pop Out Menu. Are they compatible? Which should I install first? Which sitemap routine should I use? I'll be upgrading from Chemo ser 2 SEO URL.

Thanks for all you do! I love your add-ins!

This is the multi layer support forum, I imagine you mean Ultimate Seo Urls 5?

All contributions will work with USU5 as all it does is produce URLs.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Been some time since I had to look at this.

Just did a large re-org on the website, but did not touch the code.

All I have done is break out sub categories into top level categories, and in one case added about 30 subs to one main category.

Now what is labelled in my admin console as FWR Menu is no longer expanding.

It makes it annoying to look for subcategories since the menus no longer pop out.

Any thoughts why this might be occuring?

Thanks

• 4 months later...