• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Keeping selected products invisible

My website generates customized quotations for various products. Once generated the quote becomes a product within OSC. It then generates an email link for the customer to retrieve and pay for his product.

Although the category has been removed from the categories box I noticed that when looking thru the New Products section I find that these individualized quotes are showing up for anyone to see. Plus it includes the email addresses of the customer - not good. I need to be able to suppress these items from showing up to anyone other than the creator of the quote.

Most of the quote generator was developed by a third party but I am trying to learn OSC to be able to maintain it going forward so I'd rather do it myself but I'm a definite newbie. Can anyone give me some basic pointers for an approach that I will try and do myself?

Any ideas much appreciated

Can anyone give me some basic pointers for an approach that I will try and do myself?

Take a look at Hide products from customer groups for SPPC. Instead of customer groups you would probably want to tie it to a specific customer and want to simplify it by only hiding products. But at least it should give an idea and what files need to be changed (you can change a products_id in the browser address bar and go through all of them for example...).

Have you jsut tried to make these products inactive? Does that stop the customer from actually seeing it as well? If so it would be easier for you to tackle letting the legitmate customer seeing it that to stop others bevcause New Products is not the only way someone could come across them. Search would too. Best sellers and so on.

I would not recommend SPPC as it would make management of product extremely onerous.

Archived