• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Are style sheets simple?

toby1

Hi

Having looked at many oscommerce websites it appears the styles used are many and variable. Am I correct in thinking the layout and image placing are down to the style sheet alone? Are there contributions that just change the style sheet file that completely change the look of the store ....... but can be reversed by overwriting with the original file until one suits, maybe even commercially available?

Thanks for your time to reply. :lol:

Am I correct in thinking the layout and image placing are down to the style sheet alone?
No, you are not correct (unfortunately). Because osCommerce is "old" it is coded using html tables for layout and positioning.

Are there contributions that just change the style sheet file that completely change the look of the store ....... but can be reversed by overwriting with the original file until one suits, maybe even commercially available?
The closest you will get is a contribution called "STS (Simple Template System) - but even this is not exactly what you want.

I've messaged you a resource (as commercial postings are unallowed on these forums).

Archived