• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TextMaster

The you either didn't change the option in the file (see the install file) or TextMaster can't handle something in the language file. If it works fine for English, then it's the latter.

Jack

Thanks for trying helping me out on this :rolleyes:

Now i did try to compare the before error file with the later error file and there seem to be a lot wrong in there..

i just dont get why som much code can get changed when i dont edit any of the text, just click the update button and then get the errors when visiting my store.. :blush:

PS. What do you mean by change the options.. i tought i didnt HAVE to do that, but now i will definently try that out..

now i´m almost done trying to install it again *lol'

So now i need you to help me understand this.. (do i have to do this if i start with changing my index.php) please explain as if i was a 2year old... :lol:

USAGE:

Go to admin->TextMaster and notice the two dropdown menus. The one on

the left is for navigating through the directories. The initial directory

is the languages directory. If you would prefer to start in the includes

directory, edit the admin/textmaster.php file and change the line that reads

There are two index.php files in a stock oscommerce shop: one in the root directory and one in the englush directory, or whatever language you use. The one in the root doesn't usually have text in it. If it does, TextMaster can't handle editing it. You should edit the one in the other directory.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

oh, Jack i feel so grateful for you helping me :rolleyes:

i am trying to change the index of my language (swedish). not the one in the root.. so my question is still... Do i have to make this change?:

If you would prefer to start in the includes

oh, Jack i feel so grateful for you helping me :rolleyes:

i am trying to change the index of my language (swedish). not the one in the root.. so my question is still... Do i have to make this change?:

If you would prefer to start in the includes

No.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Loaded contribution tinymce and now my Admin login page will not come up. login php file still in directory. please help...Thanks

You'll need to ask in the TinyMCE support thread for help. Be sure you are using the TinyMCE Anywhere contribution though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No.

Jack

Hey again... still havent solved my problem..

it seems that when i try to change my language index side i get some extra \\\\\\ in my code??? this gives me a:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/catalog/includes/languages/svenska/index.php on line 36

Why is that?

• 2 weeks later...

Oki, now it all works but i was trying to add an image to my index.php but when i click on insert/ edit image button a popup window apears and i have to wright the url ???

How do i add images without url`s... i have the images in my computer..

Thanks for a really nice contrib :thumbsup:

Edited by Solan

Yes, it will work with STS. When you edited the file in admin, did you get the green indicator showing it was saved? And when you go back to that page in the editor, does it have your changes?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes it does but i think i found the problem... i also have the contribution EXTRA PAGES INFOBOX VERSION 4.60 and that have a indexpage also :-( so i seem to have to make the changes by that contrib..

But is therre anyway for me to have these two contribs working together?

No, I didn't say that. They can both be installed, you just can't use them both to change the index.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question, but I can't figure out the usage step,

USAGE:

Go to admin->TextMaster and notice the two dropdown menus.

Do I have to go to the admin through my FTP server, or through my domain name /admin? is it domain name/admin/textmaster?

Thanks in advance...

Please post the full contents of the english file that has that code so I can use it to test with.

Jack

Hi,

I apologize for the newbie question: I don't understand your "usage":

USAGE:

Go to admin->TextMaster and notice the two dropdown menus.

Should I be finding an option in the left column of the admin section (when I go to my domain/admin)?

I don't see it, and don't know where else to look for it...

Thanks

There should be a menu option in your shop admin to enable you to run/use this contribution.

If it is not there got back and check you installed the contribution correctly.

Cheers

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

There should be a menu option in your shop admin to enable you to run/use this contribution.

If it is not there got back and check you installed the contribution correctly.

Cheers

G

Thanks G. Now I know what to look for ;o)

I tried reinstalling but I still don't see anything. Not sure what I'm missing. Can you tell by the path in my FTP server if I'm missing something?

Hre's an abridged verison:

public_html

- admin

- backups_testmaster

- includes

- javascript

- general.php

- spiffyCal

- tinymce_3_2_1 (1)

- examples

- jscripts

- tiny_mce

- langs

- plugins

- themes

- utils

- license.txt

- tiny_mcs.js

- tiny_mce.js

- tiny_mce_popup.js

- tiny_mcs.src.js

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;o))