• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

admin section not working

nihanshe

Tried to search files but the errors means nothing to me, this is a brand new install and I have all these errors tried to search for some answers but no good.

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/turnedpensuk/public_html/) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 165

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/turnedpensuk/public_html/) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

what the hell is going here, got me

B great if I can get some help on what file to change if any

Regards Kirsty

The first error message (open_basedir restriction...) means your hosting company is not allowing your website to access the "/tmp" directory on the server (nothing unusual). The other error messages are caused by the first.

I'm guessing you are getting this error because you have not configured session data to be stored in the database.

To configure session data to be stored in the database (instead of in a file), find the STORE_SESSIONS definition In the admin/includes/configure.php file and define it like this:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Ben

The first error message (open_basedir restriction...) means your hosting company is not allowing your website to access the "/tmp" directory on the server (nothing unusual). The other error messages are caused by the first.

I'm guessing you are getting this error because you have not configured session data to be stored in the database.

To configure session data to be stored in the database (instead of in a file), find the STORE_SESSIONS definition In the admin/includes/configure.php file and define it like this:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Ben

Thanks for the help I have now edited the config files but have still an error:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/turnedpensuk/public_html/) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Can anyone put me on the right track

Regards kirsty

In addition to bpopelar's post, change /tmp to tmp in your admin panel, under Configuration --> Sessions >> Session Save Path

Hi thanks for the reply the admin section I cannot enter because there is only this error on the page

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/turnedpensuk/public_html/) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 110

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:110) in /home/turnedpensuk/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

regards Kirsty

The hosting company usually have a web based method to access the database. You should be able to access the database without using the admin side of the website.

Ben

Once you get into your database, look in the "configuration" table for the configuration_key entry SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY. Change the configuration_value of this record from "/tmp" to a directory name that exists in your web site directory.

Ben

Archived