• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEWBE is lost in space

bertmie

I am new to the osCommerce application and do not know how to implement the knowledgebase suggested post-installation .htaccess changes in the PHP.ini; my ISP said PHP directives should be within the PHP.ini file; their configuration does not support the .htaccess changes suggested. My installation was not a complete failure. Most of it works. I assumed my remaining problems are related to this .htaccess stuff I was unable to accomplish.

My osCommerce store mostly works, but whenever I try to perform a customer "login" or go to "ckeckout" I get an error with IE7 "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" like I am not connected. On Firefox I get an ALERT panel annotating "myURLname has sent an incorrect or unexpected message. Error Code:-12263"

My osCommerce Admininstrator account works, I can add and remove items in the catalog, I can change the HTML code used throughout the PHP "include" programs, etc. My SQL database seems to be OK.

Is there osCommerce or PHP documentation I can read about configuration problems? Is there a complete example of how to configure osCommerce somewhere other than what is in the commented .htaccess files?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bert McNamee

Regards,

Bert

Google on Error Code:-12263 leads to

"Unable to communicate securely. Peer does not support high-grade encryption."

The local system was configured to support the cipher suites permitted for domestic use. The remote system was configured to support only the cipher suites permitted for export use.

also

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=1...&sort=whole

also

You may receive the following error conditions:

error code: -12263 from your web browser

\\x16\\x03\\x01 in your access_log or error_log

If you used the command 'apachectl start' instead of

'apachectl startssl'

/opt/csw/apache/bin/apachectl startssl

Guess a bit more reading would get more possible solutions

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived