• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contact_us.php

xaviandre

Hi

PLease help me

Contact_us.php, is working perfectly when I use my domain in the mail, but when I put another email like hotmail or yahoo, or gmail, dont sent to my Oscommerce email, Why is that, if when i go to oscommerce to sent emails in the admin control it send normally, but in contact us people who have free emails accounts like hotmail, I odnt receive their comments in contact us, thanks for the attention

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE MAKING ANY EDITS!!!

In your contact_us.php file, find:

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, $name, $email_address);

Change to:

if (tep_validate_email($email_address)) {
  $enquiry = 'From: ' . $name . "\n" . 'Email Address: ' . $email_address . "\n" . $enquiry;
  tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $enquiry, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

What this does is make the email "from" you, "to" you, but has the name and email address of the person sending the form via "contact us" embedded in the email body.

Part of the problem may be in the fact that technically, osC is "spoofing" the "from" email address.

By that I mean it says it's "from" [email protected] when in reality it's from your server. SPAMMERS do this all the time, and there's probably some spam filter detecting this and deleting the email before you get it.

This is only one possible solution.

Maybe someone else has something better....

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived