• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Server Power

gitter

hi,

i got a problem! my internet server provider say the sql statements to cpu intensiv. currently i am on a shared hosting package and have max. 7000 users a day. now the isp wants me to move to a dedicated server which is really expensive. how many request on a osc shop should a shared server can handle?

any answer is aprechiated.

gitter

What your host is complaining about is the number of MySQL queries and PHP Resources being used by your site each day.

If your site has 7,000 Users each day then you do need a dedicated server.

If your site has 7,000 MySQL queries per day then that's not a great deal.

Vger

Not the most obvious thing to search for but this may help

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=119077

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

hi,

thank you for your answers. I do have about 7000 visitors and decide move to a dedicated server, now. i also used some of the recommandation to reduce number of queries.

thanks again.

qmo

If you are getting that much traffic, you do not want shared as not only will it slow the server down for others on the server, it will slow things down for YOUR visitors. When we measure the amount of time it takes to hit that back button or X, in fractions of seconds, everything you can do to speed your site up counts.

hi,

thank you for your answers. I do have about 7000 visitors and decide move to a dedicated server, now. i also used some of the recommandation to reduce number of queries.

thanks again.

qmo

If you have 7000 visitors a day then getting a dedicated should not be expensive. If it is, then you need to fix your conversion rates from visitors to consumers so then you can afford a dedicated. Congrats on the traffic, that is very awesome number of people on your site.

If you have 7000 visitors a day then getting a dedicated should not be expensive.

you can get VPS & it will do the job.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived