• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I'm confused as to what osCommerce is. Please help

Digimas

Is osCommerce a website because I'm confused as to how it works and what I need to do to get started. Could someone please help me out? and please no hateful comments telling me I'm lazy or haven't searched long enough to find an answer because I have, I think that's the whole point of forums is to help eachother out and plus this is a good way for me to introduce myself to the forums. Thanks

osCommerce is a highly configurable, easily modified database driven software application, written in PHP, that dynamically generates HTML code to present a useful and convenient experience to somone wishing to purchase an item that you offer for sale using the ubiquitous "World Wide Web" interface.

It can be a stand-alone website or accessed from a link (portal) from within an existing site.

For ALL problems, please review this link first -> osCommerce Knowledge Base

osCommerce is a website, written in a mix of PHP, Javascript, HTML and MySQL. It comes with the following features:

1. An admin panel which allows you to set up the products which appear on the website, to upload their images, and set their prices. You also set up Shipping and Payment modules from within 'admin' which then appear on the website.

2. On the 'shop front' customers see your products and can add them to the Shopping Cart, and then go through the Checkout, with Shipping and Tax added to the product price.

3. You also have various 'static' pages to which you add text e.g. Privacy, Shipping and Returns, Conditions of Use and these appear on the shop front.

You can view any html page in a browser, but osCommerce requires a web server to run on.

Vger

Archived