• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fatal error: on check out

craft1321

help installed a template and when i was testing the site i found this at check out...

Fatal error: Call to undefined method payment::checkout_initialization_method() in /mounted-storage/home70a/sub008/sc40408-SGCO/inthebookshop.com/shopping_cart.php on line 210

it seems to me that incorrectly installed the payment method.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

• 2 years later...

hey Craft - this is how i was able to correct the same issue.

The fix for the:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method payment::checkout_initialization_method() in /home/falken/public_html/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 213

was as follows:

I had to go into catalog\includes\classes\payment.php and look for the following funciton:

function checkout_initialization_method() {

$initialize_array = array();

if (is_array($this->modules)) {

reset($this->modules);

while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {

$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));

if ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled && method_exists($GLOBALS[$class], 'checkout_initialization_method')) {

$initialize_array[] = $GLOBALS[$class]->checkout_initialization_method();

}

}

}

return $initialize_array;

}

It was not in there so i had to add it, just above the last

}

?>

I went a head and posted this solution, just in case someone else ran across the same issue. Thanks again for your help.

After adding this it fixed it. i hope this helps and sorry i didn't have a solution earlier than now - but i just had the same problem and had to find a solution as well. i noticed your question unanswered and wanted to share, just in case you hadn't resolved it yet.

Archived