• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with page rank that dissappeared

chelseabee

Hi, I'm really new at this but have had my website up and running since June 2007.

My automatic search page is google.co.nz when I open a web browser. When I do a search on my keywords 'baby sleeping bag' being the main one I used to show at the top of page 2.

When doing the search now I cant find my page anywhere in 20+ pages. If I do a 'search within results' my website comes up but obviously the rank has dropped dramatically and I'm not sure why.

I did have a link to a website www.kiwimums.co.nz/toplist which now has a 'error' showing so I'm thinking that might have something to do with it.

I havent done any major changes that I can think of and I'm not sure who to ask.

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

My website address is www.chelseabee.co.nz.

Thanks in advance

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Google rankings can change over night and differ from data centre to data centre. Give it a week or so and then start looking at what might have caused the problem. If your site is still showing in Google (even at page 20) you haven't been de-indexed so don't worry.

The link with the error shouldn't cause anything like that to happen because one link can't have that much power over your site.

You said you haven't made any changes so as I said give it a week and then start to worry.

- Paul

Hi, your site has a pagerank of 1, an seems to have no inbound links, I see you dont have a links page yourself, so sites wont link to you if you dont reciprocate.

Your pagerank is correct for number of links, ie to get 3 you need 200 ish inbound.

It is always difficult to keep any site scoring high on search with a low PR.

Get Linking.

Sam

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived