• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing database name

GenesiNJ

Hi guys, I have a question.

Where should I make modifications if I have to change the name of the database? I tried to create a database called 'catalog' as the installation guide says, but my server says that that db name is already in use.

I would like to know which files I have to modify to call the db with a different name.

Thanks!

Cheers!

Luigi :wink:

If you have to live on your knees, stand up and die!

One line in two files. That's all.

Unfortunately you didn't tell us what version you are using, so I'll explain both.

Version PR2.1:

In the file catalog/includes/application_top.php, locate the line:

define('DB_DATABASE', 'catalog');

And change it to your new database name. Do the same with the admin/includes/application_top.php

Version 2.2-CVS:

In the file catalog/includes/configure.php do the same as described above. ANd do the same in admin/includes/configure.php.

This question has been asked and answered many times. Please use the search fucntion of the forum - it saves you and us a lot of time.

HTH

You can't have everything. That's why trains have difficulty crossing oceans, and hippos did not adapt to fly. -- from the OpenBSD mailinglist.

I got it, thank you.

Sorry I forgot to mention what version I was installing. It's the Windows 'one package' ver. 2.1

And I'm sorry I didn't check in the forum if someone else had already asked the same question before.. maybe I was lasy , or maybe it's because it's 4am and I'm here setting up a catalog LOL

Thank you very much for your help.

Ciao

Luigi

If you have to live on your knees, stand up and die!

Archived