• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce installation

realplayer

Hi!

I have downloaded few free osCommerce templates from popular 13 free oscommerce templates

created a database through phpmyadmin via wamp and have a assigned a user

uploaded the catalog folder ['osc' in my case] to the localhost

now when i type "http://localhost/osc/install/index.php"

i got the following page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to osCommerce!

osCommerce is an open source e-commerce solution under on going development by the open source community. Its feature packed out-of-the-box installation allows store owners to setup, run, and maintain their online stores with minimum effort and with no costs involved.

osCommerce combines open source solutions to provide a free and open development platform, which includes the powerful PHP web scripting language, the stable Apache web server, and the fast MySQL database server.

With no restrictions or special requirements, osCommerce can be installed on any PHP3 or PHP4 enabled web server, on any environment that PHP and MySQL supports, which includes Linux, Solaris, BSD, and Microsoft Windows environments.

Please choose the installation method to continue.

install upgrade

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i click on install i get the following page

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Installation

Please customize the new installation with the following options:

Import Catalog Database:

Install the database and add the sample data

Checking this box will import the database structure, required data, and some sample data. (required for first time installations)

Automatic Configuration:

Save configuration values

Checking this box will save all entered data during the installation procedure to the appropriate configuration files on the server.

cancel continue

--------------------------------------------------------------

when i click on the continue button, something is executed but nothing happens and i see the same page

on mouseover of the continue button, status bar shows upgrade.php?step=2

any one please help me, i have messed up with this issue a lot but got nothing all in vain so far

Please help

I installed the original osCommerce on different servers, and each time I used a direct path to <install>, instead of <install/index.php>.

You may want to try typing <http://localhost/osc/install/> and see if this works. (Note: do not include <>)

I installed the original osCommerce on different servers, and each time I used a direct path to <install>, instead of <install/index.php>.

You may want to try typing <http://localhost/osc/install/> and see if this works. (Note: do not include <>)

same position dear!

i have wamp 2.0 with php5

can it be a problem php version?