Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCommerce moved to Linux from Windows


wbrown

Recommended Posts

I moved my OSCommerce site from a Windows box running Apache / MySQL / PHP 5 to a Linux box with the same support.

I modified the config.... files in both the catalog and admin folders and the site works great. I have problems however with the admin pages.

I am seeing the field name rather then the field content on most if not all the pages.....

 

For example.... if I go to the who is online report all I see is

 

HEADING_TITLE

TABLE_HEADING_ONLINE TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER_ID TABLE_HEADING_FULL_NAME TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS TABLE_HEADING_ENTRY_TIME TABLE_HEADING_LAST_CLICK TABLE_HEADING_LAST_PAGE_URL

TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS

 

Does anyone have any idea why this is showing up????

 

The admin folder has been granted 777 rights and still the same issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't see the problem the oscommerce without modification should support both os.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I moved my OSCommerce site from a Windows box running Apache / MySQL / PHP 5 to a Linux box with the same support.

I modified the config.... files in both the catalog and admin folders and the site works great. I have problems however with the admin pages.

I am seeing the field name rather then the field content on most if not all the pages.....

 

For example.... if I go to the who is online report all I see is

 

HEADING_TITLE

TABLE_HEADING_ONLINE TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMER_ID TABLE_HEADING_FULL_NAME TABLE_HEADING_IP_ADDRESS TABLE_HEADING_ENTRY_TIME TABLE_HEADING_LAST_CLICK TABLE_HEADING_LAST_PAGE_URL

TEXT_NUMBER_OF_CUSTOMERS

 

Does anyone have any idea why this is showing up????

 

The admin folder has been granted 777 rights and still the same issue.

 

the code is probably trying to include one of the files in the admin/includes/languages/english directory, but it can't be found. if you could post the contents of your admin/includes/configure.php (without the ids and passwords, of course) someone might be able to help you out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This problem it because you missed a file.

 

Check on you admin/includes/languages/englis/ here it the name of the file

 

Check if the file it's there.

After define each word and give them name.

 

Good luck

Erwin D. Padilla

Web Developer and Linux Admin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...