osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auctions V2.1 Support Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one and only best auction contri!! Thankyou contributors.

I would only like to know how i can collect all the email adresses of the bidders.

Like in a standard oscommerce shop, once a order is placed i can see the full details of the buyer and his email adress.

Maybe in the auction contri there is a way or modification on how i can receive bids on each product in my inbox?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Hi ! first let me say this contribution is really really great !

I have installed the latest oscommerce and Auction 2.1 from scratch and everything seems fine , there non errors occuring.

I just have some tiny little problems that maybe Dan or someone could help me solve :

- the currency shown in the auction start price always is and stays in US dollars. Even if I switch the main currency to EUR in the file , the auction start price still is in USD ..? How can I fix that ?

- If I add products in a category and then put them as auction items , the items can also be bought directly ..I don't want this since I want them to be sold with an auction . I mean , the "Buy Now" or "Add to cart" bottons remain (when you look for them in the categories) although the products are auction products ..any idea how I can fix that ? I have to look if I can put the entire site just to work as I catalog without the possibility to buy maybe that would work then...

- The "Time remaining" indication shows "countdown complete" sometimes , although the auction isn't complete...is that a cronjob problem.

I haven't set any cron job for the moment but everything actually seems to work fine even the outbid notices or end invoices...

Any help would be appreciated !

Many thanks in advance !

Jackkk

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone in this thread. It's helped me solve a lot of the problems. Now I have this issue.

When running the aucron2.php, I get this error

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/XXX/secure/aucron2.php:9) in /home/XXX/secure/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102
select ap.auctions_max as bid_price , ap.auctions_high_cust as customers_id,ap.auctions_id, ap.products_id, pp.products_name, pr.products_model, cc.customers_firstname, cc.customers_lastname, cc.customers_email_address from auctions ap, customers cc, products_description pp, products pr where ap.auctions_high_cust = cc.customers_id and ap.products_id = pp.products_id and ap.products_id = pr.products_id and ap.status = 1 and ap.expires_date <'2008-10-02 10:20:45' GROUP BY auctions_id

Any ideas or help?

UPDATE: After some tinkering, I just deleted all the standard HTML coding above the initial PHP (and the body and html close tags at the bottom), and it all works fine.

Other issues I was having - the body of the automatic email sent is actually in TWO places (aucron2.php and shopping_cart.php). This could be streamlined in the next update to this package.

The final_price variable isn't carried properly to the shopping cart. The shopping cart seems to ignore the final_price variable. I'm trying to figure out a proper work-around.

• 2 weeks later...

HI Guys,

Im going to begin to re-develop Auction for OSC V3, .

Please list new feature requests here.

So far on my list is some sort of customer review module Ala Ebay. One problem I've found with this is that customers just don't trust you. I think if we can introduce a seller feedback option, thjis may solve the problem.

Dan

UPDATE: After some tinkering, I just deleted all the standard HTML coding above the initial PHP (and the body and html close tags at the bottom), and it all works fine.

Other issues I was having - the body of the automatic email sent is actually in TWO places (aucron2.php and shopping_cart.php). This could be streamlined in the next update to this package.

The final_price variable isn't carried properly to the shopping cart. The shopping cart seems to ignore the final_price variable. I'm trying to figure out a proper work-around.

Matt, heres the solution : in shopping_cart.php you need to do a cart reset. Check the code. If not message me and Ill help you out.

mine certainly updates without a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I have completed the install and went to the admin auctions page. I then clicked the New Product to add an auction item, but I all i get is the same page back. I did not see any errors in the log or on the page.

Can someone describe what is supposed to happen at this time? I am unsure how it is supposed to function so without stepping through the code I am unable to continue.

thx

I have completed the install and went to the admin auctions page. I then clicked the New Product to add an auction item, but I all i get is the same page back. I did not see any errors in the log or on the page.

Can someone describe what is supposed to happen at this time? I am unsure how it is supposed to function so without stepping through the code I am unable to continue.

thx

Well, I believe I located the first issue. The code does not work well with PHP5.

I was able to get more working in the admin tool by replacing HTTP_GET_VAR with $_GET.

Anyone using this contribution with PHP5 or are there any plans to modify it for PHP5?

thx,

mm

I have also had to update the post var to get the insert to work.

I am reviewing the admin files and wondering what admin/auctions2.php is used for, it seems to be a copy of admin/auctions.php

is this file actually needed?

FYI,

I have gotten more of the auctions working on my dvel site. I have had to make some changes along the way.

-More changes for HTTP_GET/POST_VAR to _GET/POST

-Auction admin page didn't allow for updating of the bid increments so i added that ability.

below is the new update section of the admin/auctions.php

case 'update':
               $auctions_id = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['auctions_id']);
               $products_price = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['products_price']);
               $auctions_price = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['auctions_price']);
       		$overbid_amount = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['overbid_amount']);	
               $day = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['day']);

if (substr($auctions_price, -1) == '%') 
               {
               	$auctions_price = ($products_price - (($auctions_price / 100) * $products_price));
               }

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_AUCTIONS_PRODUCTS . " set auctions_starting_price = '" . tep_db_input($auctions_price) . "', auctions_last_modified = now(), expires_date = '" . $day . "', overbid_amount = '". tep_db_input($overbid_amount) . "' where auctions_id = '" . (int)$auctions_id . "'");

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_AUCTIONS_PRODUCTS, 'page=' . $_GET['page'] . '&aID=' . $auctions_id));
               break;

Hello,

I am installing auctions in my shop. I cant find this bit under step 10. I made a complete new install for oscommerce-2.2ms2 om my computer (i was thinking i changed it with another contribution) but here i cant find it also. I think i have to change it. Or is there another way to fix it.

Step 10)

catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

/// FIND :

function add_cart($products_id, $qty = '1', $attributes = '', $notify = true) {

global $new_products_id_in_cart, $customer_id;

$products_id_string = tep_get_uprid($products_id, $attributes);

$products_id = tep_get_prid($products_id_string);

if (defined('MAX_QTY_IN_CART') && (MAX_QTY_IN_CART > 0) && ((int)$qty > MAX_QTY_IN_CART)) {

$qty = MAX_QTY_IN_CART;

}

$attributes_pass_check = true;

if (is_array($attributes)) {

reset($attributes);

while (list($option, $value) = each($attributes)) {

if (!is_numeric($option) || !is_numeric($value)) {

$attributes_pass_check = false;

break;

}

}

}

if (is_numeric($products_id) && is_numeric($qty) && ($attributes_pass_check == true)) {

$check_product_query = tep_db_query("select products_status from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

$check_product = tep_db_fetch_array($check_product_query);

if (($check_product !== false) && ($check_product['products_status'] == '1')) {

if ($notify == true) {

$new_products_id_in_cart = $products_id;

tep_session_register('new_products_id_in_cart');

}

if ($this->in_cart($products_id_string)) {

$this->update_quantity($products_id_string, $qty, $attributes);

} else {

$this->contents[$products_id_string] = array('qty' => (int)$qty);

// insert into database

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET . " (customers_id, products_id, customers_basket_quantity, customers_basket_date_added) values ('" . (int)$customer_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_id_string) . "', '" . (int)$qty . "', '" . date('Ymd') . "')");

reset($attributes);

$this->contents[$products_id_string]['attributes'][$option] = $value;

// insert into database

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_BASKET_ATTRIBUTES . " (customers_id, products_id, products_options_id, products_options_value_id) values ('" . (int)$customer_id . "', '" . tep_db_input($products_id_string) . "', '" . (int)$option . "', '" . (int)$value . "')");

}

}

}

$this->cleanup();

// assign a temporary unique ID to the order contents to prevent hack attempts during the checkout procedure

$this->cartID = $this->generate_cart_id();

}

}

}

function update_quantity($products_id, $quantity = '', $attributes = '') {

global $customer_id;

$products_id_string = tep_get_uprid($products_id, $attributes);

$products_id = tep_get_prid($products_id_string);

if (defined('MAX_QTY_IN_CART') && (MAX_QTY_IN_CART > 0) && ((int)$quantity > MAX_QTY_IN_CART)) {

$quantity = MAX_QTY_IN_CART;

}

$attributes_pass_check = true;

reset($attributes);

if (!is_numeric($option) || !is_numeric($value)) {

$attributes_pass_check = false;

break;

}

}

}

if (is_numeric($products_id) && isset($this->contents[$products_id_string]) && is_numeric($quantity) && ($attributes_pass_check == true)) {

$this->contents[$products_id_string] = array('qty' => (int)$quantity);

Matt, heres the solution : in shopping_cart.php you need to do a cart reset. Check the code. If not message me and Ill help you out.

I'm having the same problem. Can you help w/ the code?

Edited by reillyg

This problem, apparently occurs because I have not done a mysql_numrows before the offending lines. Basically, the error occurs when there are no results to display. If I could get a dump of the SQL tables related to this, I may be able to diagnose and repair.

Cheers everyone for the effort, I'll try and keep a closer eye out for any more questions.

hi Dan,

do you have the solution for the problem above? what should i do to solve it?

thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just started work with this interesting contribution.

If you get this error

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 345

you can fix it by changing

catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

line 345

$num=mysql_numrows($result);

to

$num=mysql_numrows($xresult);

This change has now enabled me to place a bid and proceed to checkout.

...I just have some tiny little problems that maybe Dan or someone could help me solve :

- the currency shown in the auction start price always is and stays in US dollars. Even if I switch the main currency to EUR in the file , the auction start price still is in USD ..? How can I fix that ?

I have fixed the currency problem on my site with changes to two files:

file: catalog/product_info.php

Find around line 242

else {$products_price = "$".number_format($auction_price,2);}

and replace with

else {$products_price = $currencies->display_price($auction_price,tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));}

file: catalog/includes/modules/auction_bids.php

Find around line 433

echo "<br>  Minumum Bid :$". $finprce;?></font>

and replace with

echo "<br>  Minimum Bid :". $currencies->display_price($finprce,tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));?></font>

this takes also care of the typo :)

I haven't tested this with tax settings, but it works for me alright. My shop is now set up in £s.

I'm having the same problem. Can you help w/ the code?

I have added the cart reset into catalog/shopping_cart.php at around line 137

Look shortly after the start of body text for the line

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

and add

$cart->reset();

$cart->restore_contents();

just above it. This has solved the reset problem for me.

HI Guys,

Im going to begin to re-develop Auction for OSC V3, .

Please list new feature requests here.

So far on my list is some sort of customer review module Ala Ebay. One problem I've found with this is that customers just don't trust you. I think if we can introduce a seller feedback option, thjis may solve the problem.

Dan

Hi Dan,

this is a great contribution. I've got it working kind of all right now, but I still need to work on two conceptual issues and I think they should be standard features with a newer version.

See below,

Bettina

One is that the inserted auction item re-uses a product id of a product that is already on the shelf in the shop. This causes a range of problems with the stored original price of the product and the new price from the auction. The problem trickles down to lots of places and the original price would show up again and again, like in the shopping cart box on the side, the previous order view or when using the buy now option. And it also meant I couldn't re-insert a product once it had been sold at auction.

On my site I have fixed this by creating a new unique product id for the auction item when it is inserted, with a product_price entry that is updated every time a bid is placed. This has fixed all the problems above. My client wants an auction overview that can be grouped by "finished auctions", "current auctions" and "auctions ending soon". This is now much easier to do.

The other issue I have is that this is currently not really ebay style bidding. Ebay have set a certain standard in bidding procedures and customers using an auction site will most certainly expect it to work this way. If I enter a higher amount than the current auction price in ebay, it still reverts back to the minimum bid (as long I am not outbid by someone else).

With this auction contribution, if I enter a higher amount than the minimum bid, this will be taken as the highest bid, causing me to spend more money than I would have needed to secure this bid. I will definitely need to change this for my client.

Hello,

I have a problem with this script.

I just installed oscommerce than overwrite the files from NEW_AND_MODIFIED_FILES. Anything was ok. Than I executed the SQL querry from auction.sql. No error 'till here. But then when I go in control panel at Catalog>Auction Products I get the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select a.products_id, a.notified, p.products_image, p.products_price as products_price2, pd.products_name, a.auctions_high_cust as customers_id, a.auctions_max as products_price, a.auctions_nb, a.auctions_id, a.auctions_starting_price, a.auctions_date_added, a.auctions_last_modified, a.expires_date, a.date_status_change, a.status,a.overbid_amount from products p, auctions a, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and a.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = a.products_id group by a.auctions_id order by a.expires_date asc limit -20, 20

I tried the addon on MySQL 4.1 and on MySQL 5 and the error appeared on both.

Any advice please?

This auction code has some pretty MAJOR bugs. Is the April 21st version still a beta? It doesn't look like it is posted as a beta.

I see this thread full of people reporting bugs and these are the same bugs that I have encountered but the solution to the fixes is to simply delete code!?!? Removing the check for taxes or refreshing??? I'm not understanding how this was posted with so many serious issues.

Thank GOD I backed up and only tested running this code on a test build of osCommerce.

There is a french version of this code. It seems to take this version translate it in french but more importantly the guy fixes the bugs. It would have been nice if they didn't simply repost in french though. Seeing as the original code was in english.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5924

Does anyone have the ability to translate the fixed version back to english?

Edited by dezco

I was asked by a customer to install this and after some time spent analyzing the code came to the conclusion that it is never going to work. A lot of effort has gone into the idea but the implementation is extremely poor.

I have just about recoded the whole thing so may put it up as a contribution at some stage if there is sufficient interest.

I was asked by a customer to install this and after some time spent analyzing the code came to the conclusion that it is never going to work. A lot of effort has gone into the idea but the implementation is extremely poor.

I have just about recoded the whole thing so may put it up as a contribution at some stage if there is sufficient interest.

If you are happy to share your work I would love to see this as a contribution. I am just about to recode a lot of this too.

If you are happy to share your work I would love to see this as a contribution. I am just about to recode a lot of this too.

Well if you want to send me a personal email (not PM) there is a version available for "beta testing only".

admin at <my name> dot co dot uk

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

Is this auction contrib one that will allow me to host and operate auctions similar to ebay on my site? In other words..............will this allow me to have other people come to my site and list their items for auction? If not, could someone please recommend something that will integrate with my osc site?

Cheers,

David