• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auctions V2.1 Support Thread

Thanks, that fixed the missing arguement 2 error.

I m having this error. can anyone help?

"1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'auctions_bids_id' at row 1

insert into auctions_bids (auctions_bids_id, auctions_id, customers_id, bid_price, bid_status, bid_date_added ) values('', '9', '2', '10', '', now())

[TEP STOP]"

Nevermind, fixed by my friend.

There were a lot of empty value in the database

Edited by oscommercenoob

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I still have some time-issues.....

I managed to find the file SETUP.PHP that solved my timing-issues. The auctions were running totally off-sync with the server clock....then changed the

// Time difference with UTC in hours. If you are west of UTC time, put a minus in front of the hours
$utc_diff = -4;	

and that solved it....but I do not think 100%....

for some reason...the system still allowed bids after the countdown was done.....for a number of hours...

Now however, more than 12 hours later (don't know exactly when it stopped) the auction.

Just tested it again with a new product. I've set it up...and the timer and everything works fine...except that I was just able to place a bid even when the 'Time remaining' shows 'Countdown complete'.

Also setting up a new auction....I set it to finish about 3min later...saved it...in the admin-backend....where all the auctions are shown, the list showed it as "Auction Finished" even if the public page still showed it okay...

I think these are all related to timing issues where the server-time (in the US somewhere 7h behind me)..I am in Amsterdam Netherlands....so I guess that would make me UTC+1 or UTC+2....our shop is in Denver though so I've set the auction-script at UTC-4 (I thought it would be -6, but that's the setting that seems to work).

So can anyone help me???

As a minor side-annoyance is that the product to be auctioned still shows under New Products etc...and through there is clickable...and the Buy Now -stuff is shown...so people can place it in their baskets! :(

This I am going to try to solve by using the Contrib that allows admins to define whether to show the Buy Now and the other icon (which I forget now) or not on a product-by-product -basis.

cheers,

kimmo

I think I still have some time-issues.....

I managed to find the file SETUP.PHP that solved my timing-issues. The auctions were running totally off-sync with the server clock....then changed the

// Time difference with UTC in hours. If you are west of UTC time, put a minus in front of the hours
$utc_diff = -4;	

and that solved it....but I do not think 100%....

for some reason...the system still allowed bids after the countdown was done.....for a number of hours...

Now however, more than 12 hours later (don't know exactly when it stopped) the auction.

Just tested it again with a new product. I've set it up...and the timer and everything works fine...except that I was just able to place a bid even when the 'Time remaining' shows 'Countdown complete'.

Also setting up a new auction....I set it to finish about 3min later...saved it...in the admin-backend....where all the auctions are shown, the list showed it as "Auction Finished" even if the public page still showed it okay...

I think these are all related to timing issues where the server-time (in the US somewhere 7h behind me)..I am in Amsterdam Netherlands....so I guess that would make me UTC+1 or UTC+2....our shop is in Denver though so I've set the auction-script at UTC-4 (I thought it would be -6, but that's the setting that seems to work).

So can anyone help me???

As a minor side-annoyance is that the product to be auctioned still shows under New Products etc...and through there is clickable...and the Buy Now -stuff is shown...so people can place it in their baskets! :(

This I am going to try to solve by using the Contrib that allows admins to define whether to show the Buy Now and the other icon (which I forget now) or not on a product-by-product -basis.

cheers,

kimmo

Since I can't edit my own text....here's an update...

I was wrong on the shop-location...we're running auction on EST...

So my setup is

AUCTIONS TIME: UTC-4 (set up in the /includes/modules/setup.php)

SERVER TIME: UTC-5 (system clock)

ME: UTC+2...

I think it's okay that you have to enter the end-time for the auction taking the UTC-4 into account in your mind.

However...the countdown script is using the AUCTIONS-time, but the logic that allows bidding seems to be looking at the system-time...(same with the admin-page for auctions). Is there something that could be done with this? I think they should all refer to the AUCTIONS-time.

Also...curiousity is that I set up a product with start price at 1,000$...but the minimum bid (before any bids were made) was set at 51$...it also accepted it without having to tick the 'rules' -box. After the initial bid was done...the enforcement of minimum increments and rules-tickbox checks worked fine.

For my purposes I can go around it by creating a 'reserve-price' on the product and doing the first bid myself always....but it's not ideal.

Anyone help me with these??

cheers,

Kimmo

ONE MORE UPDATE:

I've managed to juggle around with the times....still would like to get it fixed though...

Now found out that the product was not inserted into the cart though...not a big deal though as we'll probably want to deal with these through manual orders anyway....but have to change the wording in the outgoing email to reflect this....and obviously there might be something wrong with the code or my setup that prevents it from being added to the cart....

Please help me!

http://87.229.73.142/~jsphu/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 345

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 168 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 352

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 168 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 353

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 168 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 354

Line 345:

$num=mysql_numrows($result);

line 352-354:

$cust_id=mysql_result($xresult,$i,"customers_id");

$finprice=mysql_result($xresult,$i,"final_price");

$aucprod=mysql_result($xresult,$i,"auction_product");

and

http://87.229.73.142/~jsphu/catalog/shopping_cart.php?stat=1

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 345

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 108 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 352

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 108 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 353

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 108 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 354

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 111 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 195

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 111 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 196

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 111 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 197

Line 195-197:

THX:

JANeeeee

Please help me!

I also have the same problems. I commented out the lines that has the errors just for a cosmetic fix (so the problem's still exist)...

Hopefully someone with a understanding of the auction plugin will be able to give us some help.

This problem, apparently occurs because I have not done a mysql_numrows before the offending lines. Basically, the error occurs when there are no results to display. If I could get a dump of the SQL tables related to this, I may be able to diagnose and repair.

Cheers everyone for the effort, I'll try and keep a closer eye out for any more questions.

I also have the same problems. I commented out the lines that has the errors just for a cosmetic fix (so the problem's still exist)...

Hopefully someone with a understanding of the auction plugin will be able to give us some help.

Thanks Dan!

I would love to use this module for a live-site I am working on, however the number of bugs is a concern for myself and the client.

I understand that it takes a lot of effort to work on a contribution and ironing out the bugs. Just wondering how you are going with all of it?

It's a great module and would love to see it up and running.

Cheers!

Thank you for a great contribution.

I'm a newbie and I've installed this contribution with no challenges.

I have been able to add an auction box with some text. I plan to use auctions to sell 6 slots of advertising (feautured listings) each month for a "membership" website.

Is it possible to create categories in the auctions box such as:

January Auctions

Advertising Slot 1

Advertising Slot 2

etc ....

February Auctions

Advertising Slot 1

Advertising Slot 2

etc ....

ETC ....

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for a great contribution.

I'm a newbie and I've installed this contribution with no challenges.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I lied, it works GREAT on a localhost in my computer. However, once transferred to the server, all the problems everyone else has I have now.

Please help me!

http://87.229.73.142/~jsphu/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 168 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 352

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 168 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 353

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 168 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 354

Line 345:

$num=mysql_numrows($result);

line 352-354:

and

http://87.229.73.142/~jsphu/catalog/shopping_cart.php?stat=1

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 108 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 352

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 108 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 353

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 108 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 354

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 111 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 195

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 111 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 196

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 111 in /home/jsphu/public_html/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 197

Line 195-197:

THX:

JANeeeee

I have the same challenge.

One thing I noticed that when I login as a customer, the errors in /catalog/shopping_cart.php disappear (????)

and only the errors from /catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php show up.

The shopping cart works fine on the auction end. You can bid, check in with no problems. The problem shows up when you try to buy something from the catalog.

ANYONE PLEASE ????

I was having some countdown problem, time left was not correct and it was off for about 1 hour.

On the French version of this contrib. there is another script to do countdown.

For me it fixed the problem. You will need some skill in PHP to replace this code with existing one. I cannot give you the full code because mine is highly customized already. If the countdown works fine for you just ignore it.

$datetime_count_down = strtotime($auctions['expires_date'])-time();
$jours = floor($datetime_count_down/86400);
$heures = floor(($datetime_count_down/3600)-($jours*24));
$minutes = floor(($datetime_count_down/60)-($jours*1440+$heures*60));
$secondes = floor($datetime_count_down-($jours*86400+$heures*3600+$minutes*60));
if (strtotime($auctions['expires_date'])>time()){
echo '<font style="font-weight: bold;" color="#ff0000">' . TEXT_DATETIME_LEFT. ' ' . $jours.'d '.$heures.'h '.$minutes.'m '.$secondes.'s</font>';
} else {
echo '<font style="font-weight: bold;" color="#ff0000">Countdown Complete</font>'; 
}

• 2 weeks later...

Hi psylencer,

Is it possible for you to do an Auction contribution for OScommerce 3.04v

I m currently doing that project but i m having a hard time with the new object oriented changes.

Can you guide me on wat files to change and edit.

I have successfully run your Auction 2.1 on Oscommerce 2.2 after cleaning up a few codes.

Your help will be deeply appreciate.

Regards,

Gary

Hi, i was wondering, is there a possibility to modify this contribution , so that it could be something like a freelancer auction site (like a reverse auction, showing all the bids an letting the seller decide whick bidder he wants) ?

I would also need the same reverse auction edit!

I've tried to edit it myself, but i still get an "Your bid is lower than the current bid" -error on the browser window. Does anybody know why?

thanks,

Screen

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all, I've just installed this contrib and was getting the error described earlier:

Quick Fix For this Error:

The error display twice, under the Starting Price and Highest Bid

Warning: Missing argument 2 for display_price() in includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

FIND:

function display_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity = 1) {

return $this->format($this->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $quantity));

}

REPLACE WITH:

function display_price($products_price, $quantity = 1) {

return $this->format($this->calculate_price($products_price, $quantity));

}

Basically this will just remove the code that is asking for the Price+Tax. And at least it will be one less error you get.

I've followed these instructions but now I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::calculate_price() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

What do I need to do? thank you

Hi all, (ITEM FIXED)

ive installed auctions 2.1 on a oscommerce 2.2rc2a , completely from null, the first things look like theyre working, however , when a non-logged in user looks at the auction items it gives following error next to bugs life picture

starting price

Warning: Missing argument 2 for currencies::display_price(), called in /public_html/catalog/auctions.php on line 302 and defined in /public_html/catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

10.00EUR

Highest bid

Warning: Missing argument 2 for currencies::display_price(), called in /public_html/catalog/auctions.php on line 303 and defined in /catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

0.00EUR

i tried shutting taxes on and off, but no rescue from that...

anybody got a hint for me :-)

Superguppie

o yessssss foudn the answer above this repley...skuuze me ..;-), this part works good now !

Edited by superguppie

Hello!, I have this error:

Warning: mysql_numrows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in D:\OSCOMMERCE\tienda\includes\classes\shopping_cart.php on line 329

Fatal error: Call to a member function calculate_price() on a non-object in D:\OSCOMMERCE\tienda\includes\classes\shopping_cart.php on line 292

Some solution?

Thanks

Hi.

First say that my english si bad... sorry.

I think that I find a error. It´s in checkout_confirmation where subtotal, shipping, total is. The price of the item in auction is the price in te catalog and not the price in the auction end, Do I have explained?

How is it modified?

Thank you!!

Edited by farions

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Ive installed a fresh installation of oscommerce 2.2rc2a and copied the contents of the Catalog_NEW_AND_MODIFIED FILES.

In the admin, adding a new auction I get the error when i add a new auction product

Warning: Division by zero in C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\admin\auctions.php on line 387

In catalog I get the error below when I view auction product...

Warning: Missing argument 2 for currencies::display_price(), called in C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\auctions.php on line 302 and defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\includes\classes\currencies.php on line 72

Warning: Missing argument 2 for currencies::display_price(), called in C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\auctions.php on line 303 and defined in C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\includes\classes\currencies.php

Please help...

I also get this when I view aution info (product_info.php)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\product_info.php:142) in C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\product_info.php on line 160

In the admin, adding a new auction I get the error when i add a new auction product

Warning: Division by zero in C:\xampp\htdocs\auction\admin\auctions.php on line 387

Found it,

admin/auctions.phpat around line 390 look for the code below

$contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_PERCENTAGE . ' ' . number_format(100 - (($aInfo->auctions_starting_price / $aInfo->products_price) * 100)) . '%');

change it to

$contents[] = array('text' => '' . TEXT_INFO_PERCENTAGE . ' ' . number_format(100 - (($aInfo->auctions_starting_price / $aInfo->products_price2) * 100)) . '%');

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all, I've just installed this contrib and was getting the error described earlier:

I've followed these instructions but now I'm getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method currencies::calculate_price() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/shop/includes/classes/currencies.php on line 72

What do I need to do? thank you

I am having this same problem. Does any one know a solution?