• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product Attributes not appearing

jimjamuk

Hi Guys,

Fairly new to OSCommerce (but not IT) and have most of my store up and running

Problem is now I'm adding products with different values i.e your standard clothes with S/M/L values

Have added size and given 3 values S/M/L then tried to add these variables to a product i.e jumper - sizes S/M/L - nothing rocket science. I go the the site and NOTHING (have refreshed and have tried btoh FF and IE7) - no hint of a dropdown. Have also created a load of colour options and have tried these - again nothing

Heres teh server info

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-67.0.1.ELsmp Database: MySQL 5.0.58-enterprise-gpl

HTTP Server: Zeus/4.3

PHP Version: 4.4.8 (Zend: 1.3.0)

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a');

ANyone any ideas - or are there logs that I can search through?

Thanks

James

Hi Guys,

Fairly new to OSCommerce (but not IT) and have most of my store up and running

Problem is now I'm adding products with different values i.e your standard clothes with S/M/L values

Have added size and given 3 values S/M/L then tried to add these variables to a product i.e jumper - sizes S/M/L - nothing rocket science. I go the the site and NOTHING (have refreshed and have tried btoh FF and IE7) - no hint of a dropdown. Have also created a load of colour options and have tried these - again nothing

Heres teh server info

Server OS: Linux 2.6.9-67.0.1.ELsmp Database: MySQL 5.0.58-enterprise-gpl

HTTP Server: Zeus/4.3

PHP Version: 4.4.8 (Zend: 1.3.0)

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a');

ANyone any ideas - or are there logs that I can search through?

OK - update - I have reinstalled the dtaabase and all was oworking fine with the sample products in the shop - they all displayed the prod attributes properly. As soon as I created the first sample product and assigned an attribute the whole lot dissapeared from both my new sample and the default sample items - now has anyone got any ideas???

jimjamuk

Thanks

James

OK have now fixed it I think........

so I had a look at the files and notice a product_info.php.bak file in the dairectory and knew I didnt create this today after the clean install. It had todays last mod date on it and was a couple of k smaller than the file in use. Swapped them round an it is all now working - new products and everything

anyone know when this file gets backed up and why

Archived