• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

errors after install

anuksamun

Ok, so i've installed the latest oscommerce script and everything worked fine, but wen i open my site www.mihaitest.xhost.ro i get the next error on index page:

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

And i can't acces the admin pannel because the page where it should ask me the user and password for admin displays this errors:

Warning: session_save_path() : SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 155950/155939 is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 165

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() : Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any ideas?

Now i see that i get this error when i try to open admin pannel:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/www/free/xhost.ro/mihaitest.xhost.ro/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

SAFE MODE Restriction

I am not sure if I would have the correct answer on how you would get around your hosts' restrictions.

I do have an answer for eliminating the error message: use mysql to store sessions.

In both includes/configure.php around line #47 find:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

and try changing it to:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

I believe this will solve the sessions problem (and maybe more).

• 4 weeks later...
inludes/configure.php already has mysql specified but the one from admin/includes was empty so i put mysql and still i have the same error

I do not posse the academic authority to state for certain, but I can state an opinion http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/style_emotico...fault/blink.gif

I don't think it is using mySql, you could check if you can open myPhpAdmin from your hosts control panel and look in the table itself.

A possible work around may be to create your own folder outside of public_html setting the permissions to 777 and change the admin/configuration-panel setting to point to the directory you created (and thus own).

Archived