• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Installation Errors ( Novice User Need Non-Geek Speak Help )

twentyfour

I installed osC using an Application Installer supplied by the hosting service.

When I completed the install, and selected Catalog, the warnings ( included below ) appeared at the top of the screen, above the "store". Selecting Administration just displays the same errors.

What do I need to do to fix these problems?

I am a complete novice with osC.

I am also NOT a programmer.

I really need to communicate with someone who can explain this matter to me in non-geek speak.

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 6448 is not allowed to access owned by uid 0 in /www/pathtodirectory/htdocs/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 162

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /www/pathtodirectory/htdocs/store/includes/functions/sessions.php:162) in /www/pathtodirectory/htdocs/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /www/pathtodirectory/htdocs/store/includes/functions/sessions.php:162) in /www/pathtodirectory/htdocs/store/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 97

Make certain that the last 'define' line in your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files are set to 'mysql' as below:

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

@ dmnalven

Thank you very much for your reply.

I fear I have a server issue that needs to be cleared up first.

I hope to have this under control by tomorrow, and I will try an fresh install at that time.

Thank you again. :D

And, I will note your suggestion above incase the fix is not solved by the server.

twentyfour

Archived