• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase Order (PO) contribution problem

I found a contribution to be quite interesting. the only problem is I ran into some issues. Here is the contribution I am talking about;

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5710

After installation, I have these issues

- after installing the "display" section of the contribution, I will get everything good except that the "comment" I will see will display exactly like this; "PO Company Name: PO Number: "

There are no name or number at all, just the text.

- I receive order confirmation for the purchase order but no "hard copy" notification. Is it normal? It is selected "yes" in the payment module.

- Probably related to the problem above but in no places I can read, see or print the order with the PO number or company name.

Again, I am sure it is something stupid but I am not a true coder, just an enthusiast biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi combatdepot,

Yeah I'm having exactly the same problem. I've pm'd assembler to see if I can find out why its not working.

Have you any ideas yet?

I found a contribution to be quite interesting. the only problem is I ran into some issues. Here is the contribution I am talking about;

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5710

After installation, I have these issues

- after installing the "display" section of the contribution, I will get everything good except that the "comment" I will see will display exactly like this; "PO Company Name: PO Number: "

There are no name or number at all, just the text.

- I receive order confirmation for the purchase order but no "hard copy" notification. Is it normal? It is selected "yes" in the payment module.

- Probably related to the problem above but in no places I can read, see or print the order with the PO number or company name.

Again, I am sure it is something stupid but I am not a true coder, just an enthusiast biggrin.gif

.: Wardworth Ltd

• 2 weeks later...

I've also PMed assembler, and am looking forward to response to below.

I had a question reguarding the features included in contribution "Purchase Order Payment Module v1.0". I wasn't sure if your contribution offered ability for customer to request ability to send PO or if they are given this automatically. Or if they do have to be approved you offered option for them to request terms online or if they had to send in something fax etc, and then the admin had the ability to approve this payment method for that customer only. Basically don't want to offer PO/NetTerms to all customers, but only those who fill out an application due to the liability.

Thanks for any reply from Assembler or others who have used this contrib or can recommend another with these features. I'm not looking for something that tracks how much credit have online, which I don't need. Sounds like needs too much updating.

Many many many thanks for another great contrib. :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
Hi combatdepot,

Yeah I'm having exactly the same problem. I've pm'd assembler to see if I can find out why its not working.

Have you any ideas yet?

As per the problem with only seeing "PO Company: PO Number:", the problem actually occurs in the checkout_confirmation.php file. The input fields generated by PO.php reside outside the <form></form> elements. By placing the PO input fields inside the <form></form> it works correctly.

I moved this code from line 339 in checkout_confirmation.php on my server (right above your "confirm order" button):

if (isset($$payment->form_action_url)) {
$form_action_url = $$payment->form_action_url;
} else {
$form_action_url = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');
}

echo tep_draw_form('checkout_confirmation', $form_action_url, 'post');

to around line 115 just before the following code (it must reside inside the <?php.....?> tag)

?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>

I'm using a farely standard version of checkout_confirmation.php, not a lot of modification. Hope this helps. Please backup your files before making changes.