• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Show Multiple Product Attribute Options in Columns

Have you ever had a problem showing multiple (organized) attributes on your osC Product_Info page? I have, it bugged me but adding 2 small pieces of code solved everything!

My example shows how 14 different Attribute Options become presented:

noattributes.gif

This is how the 14 Attributes look with my Fix:

yesattributes-fixed.gif

THE FIX

INSERT this code at approx. line 128 (Before <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">):

<!-- Organize Attribute into Columns Fix Opens Here --><?php $attribute_count = 1; ?><!-- Organize Attribute into Colums Fix Closes Here -->

REPLACE THIS CODE at approx. Line 150:

<tr>
   <td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
   <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>
  </tr>

WITH THIS CODE:

<!-- Organize Attribute into Columns Fix Opens Here -->
		  <td class="main"><?php echo $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':'; ?></td>
		  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute); ?></td>	   
<?php 
if ($attribute_count == 1){  
echo "<td width=7%></td>";
$attribute_count = $attribute_count + 1;}
elseif ($attribute_count == 2){
 echo "</tr>";
 $attribute_count = $attribute_count - 1;}
?><!-- Organize Attribute into Columns Fix Closes Here -->

Thats it!

This code fixed the Attributes for all of my products... ...And I haven't seen anybody give it out yet. :thumbsup:

{My first php fix. Please tell me what you think}

really great thanks!!! Is there a way to put something above them? Like some titles?
Sure, you could put what ever you want above the attributes. Just add it to your code somewhere {ie. after a <table><tr><td> tag} above the lines are that you edited eariler. You can add whatever HTML code you'd like into the product_info.php website to spruce it up.

hmm...sorry it does not work for me...just tested it
What did it do? :blink:

Can somebody please confirm 'it does not work' and leave details about what the error, problem or part that 'doesn't work' does? :thumbsup:

• 3 years later...

Ok I have to say after searching through this forum for 2 days now you sir are a friggin genius. Apparently your code was for an older release of osC but I managed to make this work with 2.3.1 and it works perfectly. I just had to creatively put some code in different places. I would share the knowledge but I am thinking that my cart is heavily modified and may not help anyone.

I may do a contribution once I get this clients site done and see if maybe it does help someone.

Thanks again, You are the greatest :)

• 2 months later...

Ok I have to say after searching through this forum for 2 days now you sir are a friggin genius. Apparently your code was for an older release of osC but I managed to make this work with 2.3.1 and it works perfectly. I just had to creatively put some code in different places. I would share the knowledge but I am thinking that my cart is heavily modified and may not help anyone.

I may do a contribution once I get this clients site done and see if maybe it does help someone.

Thanks again, You are the greatest smile.gif

How did you get this to work in 2.3.1?

Archived