• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Run sql file to creat new database table

Hi

i have just installed the customer testimonials contribution but i do not understand how to run the sql file to create a new database table.

My site host created the database for my site, i tried to create another database with them but i cannot use the name "customer_testimonials" as i can only use up to 12 characters.

Please help, sorry for the greenhorn question.

Del

Hi Del,

If you or your site host have access to phpmyadmin follow these directions:

from Micholas previous answer:

Ok, log into php admin. Click on the data base you want to add this too, probably just one but since I"m not sure, just telling you lol. Oh, BACK UP everything first then do this.

When database tables pop up, click up on the top button that says "sql"

YOu should see a window there, now you can either cut and paste the info that is located in the customer_testimonials.sql file... or you can click on "browse", go to the folder, then upload the customer_testimonials.sql file that way. PHP admin will tell you whether it was successful or not.