• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: session_start() Error

miller-lite

Just started getting this error message above the header in both Firefox and Internet Explorer:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gallery5/public_html/catalog/index.php:1) in /home/gallery5/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/gallery5/public_html/catalog/index.php:1) in /home/gallery5/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

I don't have any idea what it is, or what is causing it. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Verne

The problem is in /catalog/index.php (line 1)

Have you altered the file and uploaded it recently?

:unsure:

The very first line of the file should be:

<?php

And it can't have any "whitespaces" preceding it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

That was it Germ.

I had been editing the index.php, when I started getting the error kept looking at what I had been editing, not line 1. There was one blank space in front of the <?php. Took it out and all is fine now.

You rock Germ

Thanks,

Verne

Archived