• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pulling Content from another website

I am trying to put together a oscommerce store that has almost 600,000 products. All these products have been loaded into a another website owned by a separate company. The company is willing to give me any information I may need but there database of products are updates on a consistent basis. Is there anyway to pull data from there database into my SQL database on a regular basis?

Any information would be appreciated

Thank You

You can ask the "separate company" provide you with MySQL backup (.sql file) with all products tables & images. The image files move to image folder & MySQL backup merge to your existing.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I am trying to put together a oscommerce store that has almost 600,000 products. All these products have been loaded into a another website owned by a separate company. The company is willing to give me any information I may need but there database of products are updates on a consistent basis. Is there anyway to pull data from there database into my SQL database on a regular basis?

Any information would be appreciated

Thank You

I had this with a client recently, I found the quickest way was for the "supplier" to provide an SQL dump of all required product data. I then uploaded that data to my local server and wrote a simple PHP script to take the data and convert it in to a format that could be uploaded to osC.

Archived