• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order confirmation email

fabriccut100

when a test order is placed using paypal as the payment option the customer gets a confimation email from paypal but not from the shopping cart, is there a way to have the catalog send the email too?

I'm only using the option in the admin where you enter a paypal email address, not ipn or any other type of paypal, but my catalog doesn't seem to be sending an order confirmation to the customer it's only coming from paypal, I don't know if that's something that can be done.

Thanks for any help or direction

Kelly

have you set the success return on in you paypal profile?

The site needs paypal to reutrn your customer as it only gives and order ID once it has a success.

Thats why the store in not mailing as it does not see anything to mail about.

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

when a test order is placed using paypal as the payment option the customer gets a confimation email from paypal but not from the shopping cart, is there a way to have the catalog send the email too?

I'm only using the option in the admin where you enter a paypal email address, not ipn or any other type of paypal, but my catalog doesn't seem to be sending an order confirmation to the customer it's only coming from paypal, I don't know if that's something that can be done.

Thanks for any help or direction

Kelly

Have you set the email address correctly in the Configuration>my store in the admin panel?

Plus you need to set your IPN correctly in your paypal account. Log In and click on profile. You should return to http://yoursite/catalog/checkout_success.php

If it still doesn't work. Set up the cash on delivery module and buy something. If you get the email then it is the paypal IPN causing the problem

Archived