• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sessions.php errors

Aussie Dizzy

Hi All,

Like a lot of new people and novices to the whole "shopping cart" area I have stumbled across my first problem, as shown below:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 316167/100 is not allowed to access owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:169) in /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

How do I fix this issue?

I understand that I will have to fix these problems before I can continue.

I also cannot get into the Admin area either as I get the following errors:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 316167/100 is not allowed to access owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 165

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:165) in /home/fl/fli/flipstar.net.au/public/www/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dizzy

Where, exactly, did you make the change from /tmp to tmp?? Where is the database Sessions Save area? I have the same problem.

Hi All,

It looks like I managed to fix the problem by changing the /tmp to tmp with no slash in the front under my database Sessions Save area.

Cheers

Dizzy

Where, exactly, did you make the change from /tmp to tmp?? Where is the database Sessions Save area? I have the same problem.

The way I did it was to open the MyPHPadmin (because I couldn't use the OsCommerce Admin) and on the left hand side select Configuration. Then select the BROWSE button and then search through the listings until you find Session Directory which is the SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY and change the /tmp to tmp. Mine was showing at record 137.

Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Dizzy

Archived