• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site Concept (advanced)

monster061

Hi all,

I was thinking of creating a website that will manage all stores from my city (with products and everything) and I was interested weather you came across such a concept.

Second, which contributions do you think I should use ? (I plan to give out usernames and passwords and let them hook-up, edit, put pictures, prices ect)

Do you think this can be done with oscommerce ? I am a modest coder and a bad designer so tell me what do you think.

I will greatly appreciate everything you say (as always) :)

The creator of www.futomart.com

You could do it with Multi Shop, Customer Add Product, or with an Affiliate or Vendor type contribution depending on how much control etc you wanted to give the other businesses.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so you want it to be a directory of local businesses and not to sell stuff? I could see doing that if you stripped out all of the basic stuff like add to cart, the shopping cart and all of the checkout pages. Then use the categories to make a listing of each shop then list some of their featured products that you could display with contact info for that store. You could use the category descriptions contribution to list the stores full info so that users could see it before they start to click on a stores products so that they know where to buy it.

I think it would be a pretty cool thing to check out if that's the route you are going for.

Yeah sure, thats what I was thinking. I really need to think of a concept and follow it. Grouping stores would be difficult and listing them. There are many options that I have to bare in mind (like which store to be first, to make the rotate once an owner inserts an item ect).

These days I will tell you my complete idea and you can discuss on it.

Thanks again guys

The creator of www.futomart.com

Archived