• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Useing Authorizenet but not getting any error messages back

webdivas

:? I am testing my authorizenet processing (ADC) and am getting either the tests seem to go through fine or when there is apparently an error it pops me back to the checkout_payment.php page but doesn't give me any error message. I'm using version 3.1 and the 8/28/02 contrib by Bao Nguyen. Any suggestions ...

:?: Thanks that work, I'm now getting a red error message at the top that say "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again" which I believe I've seen in the forum before. I'll dig for the reason.

Is there anyway to see the return response from authorizenet so you know what the actual codes are?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I am having the same error message problem; the red bar with the message "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again."

Has anyone solved this one? I checked with my ISP and am assured that curl with ssl support is active. I have followed all of BN's instructions as far as I can tell. Any solutions come to mind? Troubleshooting thoughts? BTW I'm using a very recent 2.2 snapshot.

Thanks!

Jerry

• 2 months later...

I tweaked my authorize.net code to display the error text message sent from authorize to the customer. I was getting a lot of emails from customers asking why their credit card transaction failed. Now when their transaction fails they get (for example)

"There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.

The transaction resulted in an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder."

Here is what I did.

In your authorizenet.php change

function before_process() {

global $response;

// Change made by using ADC Direct Connection

$response_vars = explode(',', $response[0]);

$x_response_code = $response_vars[0];

if ($x_response_code != '1') {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_TEXT_ERROR_MESSAGE)  , 'SSL', true, false));

}

}

to

function before_process() {

global $response;

// Change made by using ADC Direct Connection

$response_vars = explode(',', $response[0]);

$x_response_code = $response_vars[0];

$x_reason_code = $response_vars[3];

if ($x_response_code != '1') {

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_TEXT_ERROR_MESSAGE) . '<br>' . urlencode($x_reason_code)  , 'SSL', true, false));

}

}

Thanks, David

Archived