• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Whats your best practice method for backing up, documenting and adding Contributions?

NavCopy

Anyone have recommendations on trying to keep track of the various changes being made to files as you add Contributions. The obvious 'backup' is a good start, but other than that is there other hints people can recommend to keep track of change?

I'm new to this and beginning to see a potential problem down the road as we work on building our site. The obvious problem I see is that certain files can get changed more than once as you add contributions and/or if you want to exclude certain features or functions. I have made changes to the original files to omit the Manufacturers and a few others, and I have also added 3 contributions. I figured I would just print the instructions and highlight the respective changes. However I also added another Contribution but the install asked for the script to be run from the PHP admin, so I am not really sure what changes it has made to the respective files. Add this to the growing pile of printouts and this does not seem to be a smart way to do it?

Nav