• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OS for dummies (like me)

Okay, I have been making some changes on my site and something is baffling me.

I have a button on my site that is not a product and it's not a text page... it links to a forum and I want to remove the button from my site - but I can't see where to do that? It's not in the product listing and it's not in the text page categories.

Can someone please give me a heads up where to look? is it in file manager? somewhere.

:'(

Are we supposed to guess what page it is on and where on that page it is. A link to the page might help or some more information as to where it is (in a column, header, footer, main section), is it on one page or all the pages?

What you're not psychic here? :)

I was going to link the page, but I am concerned customers and potential customers googling for our company might be directed here.

Can I PM you the site instead?

Basically, I have

Product A

Product B

Product C

Product D

Link to Forum (that I want removed)

Text Page 1

Text Page 2

It is product id 47 and can be removed from your admin

FORUM SIGN UP
but your other link to
Forum
seems to also be in your categories box but is not a category link. That one would be in includes/boxes/categories.php and would be added to the end of the file, if your code if showing correctly.

Hi there

FORUM SIGN UP - I added today, I want to keep that. I added it as a product category, if you click on it you will see the page that it displays. It's an effort to stop spammers signing up on our forum, by making them email us to join.

The FORUM button though, is not a product page or a Text page - I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Where do I access product 47 from on the admin panel?

According to your code it is in your categories box which would make it catalog/includes/boxes/cagegories.php. Should be at the bottom of the file.

If it is not there can you post your catalog/includes/column_left.php file.

And your catalog/includes/boxes/cagegories.php so I don't have to ask for that one later. :)

According to your code it is in your categories box which would make it catalog/includes/boxes/cagegories.php. Should be at the bottom of the file.

If it is not there can you post your catalog/includes/column_left.php file.

And your catalog/includes/boxes/cagegories.php so I don't have to ask for that one later. :)

I have catalog on my panel but I don't see 'includes' or anything else you mention. Maybe I'm have an older/differnt version of OS?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I have been unable to solve my OS issues on my own.

Where would I go to hire someone reputable to work on our site? does anyone have suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

Cass

Archived