Jump to content
  • Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Migrating customers from one install to another?


Floob

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I have an oscommerce shop and have created a new install with RC2a and a load of updated mods.

 

What is the recommended way of migrating my customers across so that they dont need to register again?

Ideally I would like to import their orders as well.

 

My old install is a 2004 MS2.2.

 

Presumably its not as simple as repopulating the customers and orders tables?

I guess there have also been a few schema changes since then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just migrated my shop from one without Address Enhancer to one with the contribution installed. I found exporting to Excel and working there was the easiest way. If you add the headers it gives you a good idea of which rows have been modified. Then it was copy and paste for 90% of it. It was the other 10% that took 12 hours. :'(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just migrated my shop from one without Address Enhancer to one with the contribution installed. I found exporting to Excel and working there was the easiest way. If you add the headers it gives you a good idea of which rows have been modified. Then it was copy and paste for 90% of it. It was the other 10% that took 12 hours. :'(

 

Thanks, I might try that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOOK ON TRICKS

 

Andrea...nice tutorial on phpMyAdmin and osC: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183455 :thumbsup:

 

Here is another good one with a little more detail:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...172479&st=0

Bill Kellum

 

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...