• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

Hello,

I can not find the problem. I find more on this topic about this problem, but I still don't have a wright answer.

Wenn I run the test I get:

languages in the Header Tags table are: 5 ( English ).

But the site is in Dutch.

How can I change this?

Second question:

In admin I have everything double, how can I fix this?

I hope some one can help me.

Kind regards,

Esther

@@Santino - It sounds like there is a problem with your database. Try running the uninstall script and then the install one. Please note this will remove all Header Tags SEO entries in the database so only do this if it is a new installation or you don't care about losing that data.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

For about two months ago you help me wonderfull with my site for some question i have.

Now i have a new one and maybe you want to help me again.

For a month ago my server was sending soft 404 error to google so most of my pages are ranking a lot lower in google. The 10 procent omzet (internet shop/stone shop) i gone mist that in februar. For my a reason to look behind my site, how this is become.

I have the following problem/question. I installed the headertag and also your program to rewrite al the url. So wenn I delete some old product, the old url is being registered bij google (example: www.babyd.nl/holland-matras-basic-p-100.html) but there is no product there. Is it possible to sent a 404 request so that google stopped to registered?

Is this also neccesary to use a 404 to rank higher in google?

And also the question: wenn product holland-matras-basic-p-100 is rename in product www.baby.nl/little-dutch-doek-p-100.html, have this some consequens for ranking in google?

I also deleted the english language in my admin so i have not two the same pages. Wenn i want used the english language i also must used the english name and description for the product. Maybe in the future wenn i have more time. So most of the google registered engels language link are linking to product in dutch. Do you now of this also have some consequens in google?

with regards

jacco Dickhof

Hi,

I installed “Header Tags SEO” but my oscommerce admin page like attached picture and I cannot find Header Tags SEO screen shot pictures inside my control panel. I installed Oscommerce 2.3.3 version.

What wrong with my installations? Any one please helps me.

Regards,

Nandima.

post-319831-0-69011300-1361279881_thumb.jpg

Hi Jack,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I already installed Header Tags SEO but my control panel mess up like attached picture. How can I solve this issue?

Please help me to solve these issues.

Regards,

Nandima.

post-319831-0-39723900-1361412664_thumb.jpg

I don't know what it is you are trying to show. The left column maybe? If so, are you sure you used the correct set of files and instructions for your shop? The package has different ones, dpending upon the version of your shop.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Yes, you are correct. I try to show left column on my admin panel and I installed Oscommerce 2.3.3 version with package files name called “Use_if_version_greaterthan_2.3. These two are not compatible?

Kind regards,

Nandima.

Hi Jack:

My problem is that I can not display all the categories and subcategories in the address bar. I only listed the last two categories. Is it possible to appear all?. I have selected the following option, but I tried all:

Display Category Parents in Title and Tags Full Category Path

Thanks Jack

I tried it hear and it lists all of the categories in the path so there's not much I can do short of looking at your code.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello again Jack, thanks for answering. So, you say you have to appear all categories??

I do not know if you have something to do, but I have installed:

• Header Tags SEO
  • Sitemap SEO
  • Seo Urls 5
    Perhaps I may be missing some option enabled?
    Jack thank you very much, and sorry for my bad English.

If you are talking about the title in the url, Header Tags SEO doesn't have anything to do with that. If you are talking about the web browser title, SEO 5 doesn't have anything to do with that.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Sorry for my ignorance. The truth is that not only speak English, and I can not understand the texts of installation and configuration. I thought either served to make smart titles that appear in the browser, and that loading links in categories, the categories appear one after another in the browser address bar.

If this is not so, I apologize for the error.

regards Jack

Consuelo. From Spain

If you look at the very top of this page, you will see this

Header Tags SEO - Page 353 - General Add-Ons Support - osCommerce Support Forum
That is the web browser title and is what Header Tags controls, among other things. If you look below that in the url box, you will see http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/298099-header-tags-seo/page__st__7040. That is controlled by SEO 5, in your case.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

speaking of oscid... :)

Jack I notice that if a visitor uses the social bookmark referral buttons AND if they are still on their landing page the oscid in the url will be passed along to whatever social site. i.e., landing page shows the oscid.

If the visitor clicks to somewhere else staying on the site, no problem, the oscid is gone.

It's that landing page issue. Any thoughts on this?

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

I can't duplicate that here. There is a line in the social bookmarks module that is supposed to strip the SID. It seems to work OK for me.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't duplicate that here. There is a line in the social bookmarks module that is supposed to strip the SID. It seems to work OK for me.

OK, I'll double check the module and make sure I have the latest. If I do and I can generate that issue, I'll get back to you on that.

Thanks

I am not a professional webmaster or PHP coder by background or training but I will try to help as best I can.

I remember what it was like when I first started with osC. It can be overwhelming.

However, I strongly recommend considering hiring a professional for extensive site modifications, site cleaning, etc.

There are several good pros here on osCommerce. Look around, you'll figure out who they are.

looks like i have the latest version, so to recreate

- close all browsers

- open chrome

- enter website index page

- click twitter link

on twitter page this shows:

Check out http://www.myshop.com/index.php?osCsid=10b17a6c409fcd817ba31a98035f0512

oscsid is there

- cancel that

- navigate to product page

- click twitter link

on the twitter page this shows:

Check out http://www.myshop.com/my-great-product-large-size-p-174.html

oscsid is gone

Edited by altoid

Yes, I can duplicate that when clicking on Twitter. Clicking on the others doesn't do it for some reason. That's strange since the code for each is almost identical. Are you seeing the same thing - that it doesn't happen with the other icons?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, I can duplicate that when clicking on Twitter. Clicking on the others doesn't do it for some reason. That's strange since the code for each is almost identical. Are you seeing the same thing - that it doesn't happen with the other icons?

I only have a facebook acct to try that on. the oscsid appears to be remaining attached to that as well, on the facebook page when i hover over word link in "so and so shared a link" i see the oscsid as well.

however when navigating to a product, liking that on facebook, i don't see the oscsid on the word "link" the second time around.

so this appears to be the same thing that i saw on the twitter link