• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tags SEO

Jack_mcs

So you still had the problem in admin when you replaced the categories file? I don't see how that's possible since that is what controls all of the changes there. So, no, in that case, I don't have an answer for you. It would have to be a server problem.

Yeap same problem. Just wondering if you could tell me where the info gets stored, database?, as it does not seem to be saving and returning input data.

View Postqwertyjjj, on 03 December 2009 - 11:04 AM, said:

Hi

Any thoughts on this one? Should the ob_start be in a different place. The 2 contributions seem to cause a minor bug with each other adding the cPath_21 text into the title tag somehow.

View Postmultimixer, on 03 December 2009 - 11:34 AM, said:

Securiry-pro is not adding anything to index.php file as far as I know

Apologies, it is this add-on to prevent Google duplication:

http://forums.oscomm...howtopic=314234

Any ideas on on how to implement the ob_start?

I think maybe with the new google webmaster tools, the Google duplication contribution is not needed.

Yeap same problem. Just wondering if you could tell me where the info gets stored, database?, as it does not seem to be saving and returning input data.

Yes, the data is stored in the database, which you don't have any control over unless it is not setup correctly, in which case errors would occur. So that leaves only the one file but you said you followed the troubleshooting steps so that removes that. If it isn't the database and it isn't the file, all that is left is the server.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack re:zooyork

We had a problem with his server and USU5, oddly on his server when you access the site as www.mysite.com both $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] and $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] contain just /.

Header Tags doesn't use that but even if it did, that sort of problem is too specific to code for, in my opinion. That is a server problem, probably the php version his host is using, and the op should complain to them about not having a working version of php.

Thank you both for answers.

I tried contact admin but they didnt answer me yet. But i was thinking about what FWR Media told me to do in USU5 topic and i put these code to include/header_tags.php under 1 line - <?php:

if ( ( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] == '/' ) || ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) ) {

return 'index.php';

}

What i get is when im typing mypage.com i have no errors any more so this is what i needed.

The only problem is that now i cant figure out how to change page title for mypage.com/

I have title for mypage.com/index.php and all other pages but on mypage.com its just blank.

Propably i need one more "if" command somewhere in index.php or header_tags.php.

Any clue?

Thanks

Thank you both for answers.

I tried contact admin but they didnt answer me yet. But i was thinking about what FWR Media told me to do in USU5 topic and i put these code to include/header_tags.php under 1 line - <?php:

if ( ( $_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME'] == '/' ) || ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) ) {

return 'index.php';

}

What i get is when im typing mypage.com i have no errors any more so this is what i needed.

The only problem is that now i cant figure out how to change page title for mypage.com/

I have title for mypage.com/index.php and all other pages but on mypage.com its just blank.

Propably i need one more "if" command somewhere in index.php or header_tags.php.

Any clue?

Thanks

no don't do that it wont work .. do this instead.

catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find ..

// include the list of project filenames
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php');

Add immediately below: -

if ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) {
 $PHP_SELF = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] = FILENAME_DEFAULT;
}

Edited by FWR Media

no don't do that it wont work .. do this instead.

catalog/includes/application_top.php

Find ..

// include the list of project filenames
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'filenames.php');

Add immediately below: -

if ( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] == '/' ) {
 $PHP_SELF = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'] = FILENAME_DEFAULT;
}

It works! :) Great. Thank you. But still i will try to contact my administrator to change this server issue.

Thanks once again.

According to the Install_Admin guide, I need to make the following edit to admin\categories.php:

Around line 311, find these lines in admin/categories.php

$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");

}

Replace with the following

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_title_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_desc_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_keywords_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");

}

/*** End Header Tags SEO ***/

When I make that edit, I get "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 329" when I try to launch Categories from the Admin page. If I remove the } right before /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ , then everything works fine. Questions whether this is correct or if by removing the }, I'm missing out on something.

Thanks.

When I make that edit, I get "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\catalog\admin\categories.php on line 329" when I try to launch Categories from the Admin page. If I remove the } right before /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ , then everything works fine. Questions whether this is correct or if by removing the }, I'm missing out on something.

The code is correct as it is. Te reason for the failure and why your fix works, is, most likely, you've made a mistake before that edit (higher up in the file) that removes a required bracket ({). You need to find that problem and fix it or you will have other problems. Use a compare program like WinMerge and compare against the included categories file to find the mistake.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi!

I have installed Header Tags SEO and have STS installed also.

I get this error message when I test the installation in admin.

STS Error:

STS is running and the head code in the header_tags_seo.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

What does this error message mean?

Hello Jack, Header Tags SEO runs well on my store but having following problem:

I uses both language English and Spanlish, but only English pages show the correct title.

For example there is a item named: "Brand New Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000" listed in catalog "Keyboard",

When I set the site language to English, IE title shows "Brand New Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 - Keyboard - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

But when I swich to Spanlish, IE title shows "Keyboard - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

It seems that Header Tags SEO not works under other languages.

How can I resolve the problems?

I used to install 3.1.2 and now I upgraded to 3.1.8 but still have this problem.

Thanks very much for your help.

Hi!

I have installed Header Tags SEO and have STS installed also.

I get this error message when I test the installation in admin.

STS Error:

STS is running and the head code in the header_tags_seo.php file has Header Tags code installed, which is a mistake.

What does this error message mean?

It means you've made a mistake in the installation. That part of the test function checks the root directory for files with header tags code in them. It found one named header_tags_seo.php which shouldn't exist. So it seems you've copied at least one file to the wrong location.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello Jack, Header Tags SEO runs well on my store but having following problem:

I uses both language English and Spanlish, but only English pages show the correct title.

For example there is a item named: "Brand New Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000" listed in catalog "Keyboard",

When I set the site language to English, IE title shows "Brand New Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 2000 - Keyboard - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

But when I swich to Spanlish, IE title shows "Keyboard - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

It seems that Header Tags SEO not works under other languages.

How can I resolve the problems?

No, Header Tags works for all languages. It most likely means you haven't set something up correctly. Try going to the product edit page in admin and make sure there are entries for the header tags title for both languages.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are using a recent version of Header Tags and followed the instructions for installing into STS the social bookmarks should show.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I forgot to mention that I have the module for product_info installed too.

When I set this module to false in the admin section, I see the social bookmark links at the bottom of the product_info.php pages.

When I set this to true. They don't show up.

So don't I need to add some code to the includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php page

Kind regards

Wim

Hi,

i have install this great contrib in my shop local with xampp :)

i have 480 products on my xampp shop...

i have:

curl

CURL support enabled

CURL Information libcurl/7.14.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8d zlib/1.2.3

but i have this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 474

and if i press F5 after some Time this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\Programme\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\header_tags.php on line 574

what can i do to fill all my tags?

the error is coming if i use this option:

Keywords Override

-Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages?

thank you if you can help me

best regards

Paul

Edited by paulchen2005

what can i do to fill all my tags?

the error is coming if i use this option:

Keywords Override

-Fill keywords for all added pages from derived keywords on actual pages?

That option uses a lot if time and will time out like that. If you want to use it, then change the timeout value in the php.ini of xampp to something larger.

That option was added since some people requested it but, to be honest, it isn't something I would suggest using.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I am trying to use the pseudo headertags function.

suits-fashion-clothes-links-0_35.html is the page so I enter it as links.php?&lPath=0_35

the headertags database updated, but the front of shop hasnt taken on the new data.

I have sts, links manger II, and ultimate seo urls along, and its not exactly adding up, can you advise on where I need to look to get this ressolved?

Thanks

I will look at this in more detail tomorrow as its late, but I am well confused!

Edited by johnnybebad

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I am trying to use the pseudo headertags function.

suits-fashion-clothes-links-0_35.html is the page so I enter it as links.php?&lPath=0_35

the headertags database updated, but the front of shop hasnt taken on the new data.

The problem is due to a coding error in Links Manager. The link being created is invalid. You need to search links.php and replace the two instances of

'&lPath='

with

'lPath='

Then delete any pseduo pages you've created for links manager in Page Control. The delete funtion is supposed to delete that from the includes/header_tags.php file but you may want to make sure it is done. Then try it again with the valid link, links.php?lPath=0_35, and it should work.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code is correct as it is. Te reason for the failure and why your fix works, is, most likely, you've made a mistake before that edit (higher up in the file) that removes a required bracket ({). You need to find that problem and fix it or you will have other problems. Use a compare program like WinMerge and compare against the included categories file to find the mistake.

Thanks Jack, WinMerge is a nifty tool to have around. Using this, I found my mistake. Everything is working now. Thanks for this great contribution.

The problem is due to a coding error in Links Manager. The link being created is invalid. You need to search links.php and replace the two instances of

'&lPath='

with

'lPath='

Then delete any pseduo pages you've created for links manager in Page Control. The delete funtion is supposed to delete that from the includes/header_tags.php file but you may want to make sure it is done. Then try it again with the valid link, links.php?lPath=0_35, and it should work.

I must have some issues elsewhere its showing the original links page tags still

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

I must have some issues elsewhere its showing the original links page tags still

You may need to replace the includes/header_tags.php file after deleting the pseduo page from page control. If you do this, you have to delete all pseudo page entries.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

all ok... except in internet explorer (currently using 8) the right hand column has dropped down...

alightment fine in firefox & safari ?? any ideas ... see line to site below...

Completed files are included. Use a compare program like WinMerge to compare with your file to see where your mistake is at.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons